Mum's Day Out

Chili Oil Chicken

Right on the heels of my mum's birthday was Mother's Day. Brought her jalan-jalan at One Utama after church. Not my first choice due to the size of the mall and regular parking kerfuffles. Guess its better to clock more steps on my pedometer since mum and I had a sinful buffet dinner at Latest Recipe, Le Meridien Putrajaya the night before. The spread was quite good actually. Anyway, back to Sunday-- picked Amber as our lunch venue because we rarely ever have Chinese Muslim cuisine. Shared a bowl of tomato broth beef ramen and big plate of chili oil chicken. Quite satisfying, but for some reason, their business ain't that good.

Tomato Ramen

Did our usual round of shopping and by 4:00 PM my feet were screaming for relief. Right outside Isetan was Jardin Coffee and Tea, a new addition to the cafe scene. The flat white was decent, and I kinda liked their croissant. And they even gave out carnations to all the mums.

Croissant

Mother's Day Gifts

Massimo was having an event at the old wing. By going through a circuit of activities, one could get a free gift. A weird mother and son Mother's Day activity. Got ourselves a free instant photograph, a free chiffon cake, and a piece of "I LOVE MUM" toast.

Massimo I Love Mom Toast

As a close to the day's activities, we went up to One Utama's "The Secret Garden". That rooftop garden is a botanist's wet dream, a veritable collection of plants from all over the world. If you want to take a look, be sure to find the elevators closest to Dontaku on LG. One Utama dedicated 30,000 square feet of roof space for their green initiative. The garden has great landscaping and is very Instagrammable! Check out for the stringy Cissus roots, and giant Amazon water lilies to name a few. A perfect place to chill and do some exploration.

Plant I

Plant II

Cissus Roots

Plant III

Plant IV

In the evening, I accompanied KH for a later dinner at Restoran QQ Puncak Jalil. Although he was obviously tired from the day's ST events, he still found the energy to meet me. Gratitude to my hubby.

Steamed Clams

CKT

Comments

Derek said…
Sure make time for dear de. Muacks
Jaded Jeremy said…
What's that fried noodle with prawns?
William said…
@Derek:
Gratitude.

@JJ:
Black-black CKT (kway teow + mee)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?