Drive Me

JPJ PJ

My family trip to Hokkaido was coming up in a couple of weeks, and I was the designated driver for the trip. In order for me to drive legally in Japan and rent a car, I needed to produce an international driving license (Geneva Convention). So I woke up early on a Wednesday morning to get it settled at JPJ Petaling Jaya. Wednesdays are the statistical off-peak business days for government offices in Malaysia. The office opened at 7:45 AM. I arrived 5 minutes before that, and there was already a queue at the door.

JPJ Queue

There were actually two sections. The main building was for road tax matters, and licensing was at the adjacent building. It was much quieter at the other building. For some strange reason, a lady swapped her earlier number with mine. The process was so quick that the officer nearly sent me off without collecting payment.

LRT Nap

Hopped onto the LRT and still managed to get to work on time. Was feeling as sleepy as the LRT celebrity Sleepy Samuel on the Kelana Jaya Line LRT.

Comments

RB said…
It's great that this wasn't a painful experience. I just got my drivers license renewed in the US. I showed up to find there was a nearly four hour wait! They have a texting system, so I was able to go home and return later in the day.
Derek said…
Ooh dear so lucky get even earlier queue number.
thompsonboy said…
Samuel needs to NOT wear socks with loafers.
William said…
@RB:
The Malaysian civil service has no good 'way' to 'estimate' their service level. Haha.

@Derek:
Yeah lo

@TBoy:
Opps!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho