Second Coat of Paint

Bought tickets for "Painted Skin II", so mum, SK and I went for early English mass instead of the usual mandarin mass. Breakfast was mee kolok at Taman Megah. From there, it was easy getting to Paradigm Mall with the new underpass. Our movie was at noon, so we did some shopping first. Mum and SK had a field day at Sephora. I think their combined purchase was more than MYR600, comprising of eye shadow sets, cleansers, toners, eyebrow pencils, hair colorant, and curling agents. Luckily most men don't use make-up. For the first time, I used the autogate at GSC. It read the QR Code from my iPhone app and after three of us entered, it automatically closed. Not bad. When we entered the hall, it wasn't ready. Pitch black! And truth be told, the iPhone wasn't bright enough to light our way. Great opportunity to grope some hunk in the dark while trying to make my way to the seats, but there were none on my row (or it was just too dark for me to realize!). Blegh. The movie was OK, not really good in my opinion. Effects and costumes were good, but the pace was a bit out. As KH said, it could have done with better editing. Several scenes in the movie reminded me of other movies, e.g. the frantic dance scene from "Memoirs of a Geisha", the Witch Doctor of Tianlang reminded me of Pinhead from the Hellraiser series, and the Queen of Tianlang's throne kinda echoed that of Xerxes in "300". Come to think of it, the Tianlang army was like a version of Xerxes' army. XD. Borrow sikit sini, borrow sikit sana.

Looking Up~

Sephora~

Walking out of the hall, we immediately looked for food. Famished! Ate at Tea Garden, a kopitiam with wide selection of food and pretty fair prices. SK ordered half a steamed herbal chicken for just MYR12.90, while mum and I shared a yam chicken rice set. Their wholemeal toast was quite good, but mum complained that it was a bit too thin. Rushed home by 3:30pm to have the cabinet guy install an altar at home. Just a simple white shelf. Then washed my car and SK's car. The dirt was half an inch thick already. While I was hosing down SK's car, the alarm suddenly went off. Went nuts! Couldn't arm it without causing a fuss, so I just locked it with the key. For dinner, went to the nearby food court for century egg porridge and a plate of sotong kangkung. Been so long since I ordered the latter that I was shocked to learn that it's so much more expensive than the porridge! But it was good. Reminded me of my childhood days when dad used to order it when we ate out at the hawker stalls. Those were the days when chicken rice was packed in brown paper and the portion was practically for two and a MYR1.50 lin chee kang came in a huge ass bowl with lots of condiments. Food from back then always seemed the best. Etched in our memories as the most delicious and not reproduceable. Forever out of reach. Better to just leave it that way I guess...

Yam Chicken~

Comments

Robinn T said…
Food got expensive because of the cronies behind those governmental masterminds.

one of my girlfriends totally adores Sephora and all the cosmetics out there, she'd probably go nuts in those shops.

Paradigm eh? Hmm, wouldn't want a ceiling to fall over my head though. Wait, I don't do starbucks XD
JokerPJ said…
Chicken rice!!!

oh century egg porridge~

must resist temptation... its wayyyyy pass midnight now~ TT
Sharks said…
Yeah, I actually put too much expectations on this sequel, which disappoint me a bit as it turned out to be moderate only...the story line is flat and slow...the first movie is definitely much better..
William said…
@Tempus:
Shoddy work at the Paradigm. Rushed work.

@JokerPJ:
Haha. Eat some dried figs.

@Sharks:
Perhaps not enough male skin. XD
Twilight Man said…
That movie was artistic but I struggled to stay awake at that midnight show.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho