Nasi Lemak Sunday

duck. by williamnyk
duck., swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Filled up on my spiritual needs at church on Sunday. Was feeling rather helpless with the strong currents at work and a little faith did help to ease the burden. Somehow it feels better when one gives in and leave things to God. Sempena Father's Day, the Youth did a disjointed dance performance in the church compound-- adolescents dancing to Madonna's "4 Minutes". The whole atmosphere was dripping with lala-ness. Was sick of the food options in Kelana Jaya and OKR, so we ventured to Puchong Jaya for lunch. Stopped at Restoran KH20 (no affiliation with my KH) for bihun kolok (they ran out of noodles) and duck rice. Not bad. Sent my mum to my sister's place after that. Sis and BIL were having a dinner party later for Cyan's birthday cum Roan's baby shower. The main dish was nasi lemak so I helped with some prep work before heading home. Rested a while before I went for my weekly swim. As usual, the guests were late in coming, so SK and I tucked into some of the food first. The nasi lemak was wonderful and went well with SK's sambal prawns. In addition to that, there were some cocktail sausages, putu mayam and vadai. Durian was also served, but I gave that a pass. I like the taste, but dislike the after-effects. As more friends arrived, so did the number of kids. By 9:00pm, the living room turned into a crazy house. Couldn't stand the noise so I snuck a mini Magnum upstairs and fiddled with my iPhone, while watching Roan sleep...

karipap.

lemongrass.

nasi lemak

aiskrim.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I am just like you, crying for God's help whenever work starts to stress me up! My cries is like daily.
Unknown said…
that karipap looks different... hmm...




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
Anonymous said…
Ooo the duck looked utterly delish.
+Ant+
William said…
@Twi:
I'm sure you have a lot of "kwai yen" to help you out

@JJ: @Jino:
Albino ma
Twilight Man said…
LOL.... I send them over to you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho