May Marriage

hei. by williamnyk
hei., swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Some time in April, one of my mum's distant relatives called her up to invite her to a wedding. The woman came over with her suptugenarian dad and pre-teen daughter to pass us the invitation card. Was kinda shocked that one of her daughters were getting married. Must have been knocked up! But mana tahu, it was actually her sister who was getting married in her forties. The wedding was held at Bukit Kiara Golf Resort on Labour Day. Being a big family affair, my uncle and aunt also came down from Teluk Intan to attend. Once again, they stayed at my place the night before. In the morning, we had a big breakfast gathering with my cousins at a coffee shop near my house. A bloody humid day. Moved from the stuffy interior to a table by the roadside, but it was still enough to make one sweat. At 11:30am, we made a move. Never been to the venue, but it was easy to find. Quite a hassle to get parking though. The Chinese restaurant was nestled beside the pool area. Caucasians were all baking in the sun while we shied away under the shade. Turned out to be quite a family reunion for mum. The whole thing kicked off with the happy couple making their entrance and the groom making a speech. Typical cina salesman type. Can't help but roll my eyes at his spiel. He regaled the guests with the story of how he met his wife on some photography trip at Mount Bromo. Turns out, the couple belongs to DUMC. Sounds familiar hor? Took me some time to realize that this was the church that was raided by Hassan Ali for 'proselytising' Muslims. Also cut the cake. Quite a departure from the usual sequence of events. Unbelievably, lunch started just twenty five minutes after the scheduled time! So happy!

fish.

Food was OK and served by cina twinks. At least my eyes were satisfied. When a whole bunch of Hokkien relatives get together, what is the inevitable? KTV! An uncle went up to syok sendiri, but truth be told, his singing wasn't half bad. After the banquet ended, we stuck around for the tea ceremony and some mingling. At this juncture, I was quite bored already and went wandering around. Surprisingly, all the photos that were taken earlier were immediately processed and given out as door gifts. It was quite a nice pic of me and mum, all done up in black and white. Perfect for hiding flaws. XD. Initially, I had to send my uncle and aunt to Puduraya, but they managed to get a lift from other relatives, so I save a trip there. On my way to get their luggage from my car, I bumped into a succulent example of twinkiness! The half-naked mat salleh boy was lean and tanned with a closely-shaved head. Loved the proportion of his body... yummy pecs and toned abdomen. And smooth to boot! He could very well be featured in a Bel Ami video. Too bad I couldn't get a spy shot of him! A disappointment for my readers. Better luck next time! Back at home, I packed my swimming gear and went for a dip. Fifteen laps later, I did some home improvement at my apartment. Changed the shoddy $15 doorknob before my tenants move in. Quite a noticable difference in quality. Hope my tenants won't complain about the shoddy sink and faucet!

open.

swim.

Comments

Shadow Wind said…
hahahaha sounds like a really nice get together! reading ur tittle i thought u were the one getting married XD
JokerPJ said…
mana tahu the best dish of the day are the cina twinks...

=P
William said…
@ShadowW:
Welcome. I wish!

@JokerPJ:
Hahaha. Slightly under-cooked though.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho