Manic Monday

OKR by williamnyk
OKR, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

When it rains, it pours. On a Monday no less. As usual, I check my inbox first thing in the morning. In addition to the usual crap from Men's Health, I found an e-mail from a product manager regarding a proposal that we were working on the week before. She told me that she did not have the base reference documents. We have been using the same documents for the past two proposals le... ugh... never mind. So I decided to make a detour to TTDI to pass her the documents since they were too bloody large to e-mail. My first obstacle was the traffic. Upon turning into Jalan Mega Mendung, I was stuck in a horrible jam. A road that usually takes no more than five minutes, swallowed twenty minutes of my time. And when I saw OKR, my jaw dropped. Horrible at both directions. In the end, I chose the Jalan Templer way. One hour and forty minutes later, I reach the TTDI office. And you know what? She wasn't there. In the end, I just copied the files into the server and left. Put the key into the ignition and turned. Not a peep from Iswara Skyline. Crap! I thought the battery had died. A remote possibility since I just got it changed six months ago! Luckily there were two workshops nearby. Walked over and hailed an ah beng to take a look at my car. Pleasant-looking and fair, Gratitude's type for sure. XD. Checking the battery with his kit, he declared that it wasn't a battery problem. He stuck his hand behind the engine and asked me to try again. The engine came to life! Suspected bad started. Not wanting to have this scene repeated at God-forsaken Bukit Damansara late in the evening, I decided to fix it there and then. I walked back up to the office and waited an hour for the mechanics to replace it. Whacked a bowl fish head noodles for lunch and voila, my car was ready! $220... Worked and worked and worked till 8:00pm. Paid the expensive parking fees of $21 and forgot to collect $9 change! Argghh! Normally lights would flash and notes would fall out... but this machine just keeps quiet and keeps the cash out of sight, hidden from view! T_T. That concludes my Monday sob story...

Comments

Gratitude said…
Ish, kena lagi?!
Btw, where is the shop? Wahahahahahaha
It was indeed a sucky Monday.
+Ant+
William said…
@Grat:
Opposite AHP Building, same row as Peek-a-Boo.

@JJ:
Yeah lo. No hug for me ah?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Sure! Ask from me when we next meet lah.
Justb3cks2 said…
I kerja near OKR. Morning memang Jammed giler.. lol

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho