ROM

Maha Vihara by williamnyk
Maha Vihara, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

On Sunday morning, I sent my uncle and aunt to the coffee shop in Taman Equine as agreed the night before. Their daughters who lived less than ten minutes away mind you, took more than half an hour to turn up. If I knew they would take so long, I would have sent them home straight. Although I understand that the bride-to-be was busy with her make up and what not, I don't see why the other daughter didn't come out to pick them up and have breakfast. As mum and I were running late for church, we left beforehand. Mass ended a bit later than usual with the Rite of Second Scrutiny and we lunched at a coffee shop in Aman Suria. Made our way to Maha Vihara (my first time there, and I finally know where the Temple of Fine Arts is) after that and arrived a few minutes shy of 2:00pm. Had a little time to take some pictures before proceeding to the marriage registration office. Lots of friends and relatives attended so not everyone could squeeze into the room. Was kinda shocked to see my cousin sister's mother-in-law arrive with some super hairy legs. :S. I was hoping for some kind of Buddhist ceremony to incorporated in the registration of marriage, but it was a 100% red tape affair. Kinda disappointed. It ended in fifteen minutes.

Rings

Mandala

Later, we went downstairs and the husband and wife went off to perform some prayers. It dragged on till 3:30pm. The weather was very stuffy and my uncle and aunt were getting restless. Can't blame them since they did not eat lunch!!! To kill time, I went around taking photos. Surprised to see mini dhamma talks on walkways beside the temple and also a session in sign language. In the end, we were all ushered to a late lunch / early dinner at Taman Perindustrian Serdang. Not an easy location to go to from Brickfields. But upon arrival, we found the place closed. Not surprising at all as most restaurants only open for dinner at 6:00pm. Serdang Sisters just a few shoplots away was open for business, but the host did not want to eat there and guided us to Restoran Leong Ya near MINES instead. Belok sini, belok sana. Ugh. Some people just dunno the meaning of troublesome. Ate YTF, paper-wrapper chicken, fried pork chops, fried fish in plum sauce, vegetables and curry chicken. Left quickly after that. Couldn't stand the pening-ness anymore. On the way back, we stopped by SK's place. Two church friends were also there on a post-surgery visit. They brought a whole bunch of dim sum which I later ate for late dinner. Such a tiring day!

Offerings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho