A Boxed Christmas

Black Cod by williamnyk
Black Cod, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Months back, Apollo and Ken scheduled a Boxing Day lunch at Westin Kuala Lumpur. Reason being that he has a Starwood privilege voucher that can only be used by a party of six pax or more. Achieving the quorom was quite a feat. The fifth guest had changed twice I think. By the time we ended up in Prego, it was TZ and Bong! Quite a surprise as they were my dinner mates the night before. Traffic was fantastic and SK and I easily found parking inside JW Marriott. Apollo and Ken were the first to arrive and all dressed to the nines (satin shirts and vests and all). We ordered our own mains and shared a Tacchino Affumicato (Jinjang translation: turkey pizza) and Beef Carpaccio. SK ordered the black cod for me and it was really tasty (but a bit salty due to the capers). The meat was sweet and wasn't too flaky. Lifebook took the beef lasagna and SK ordered the risotto. Didn't like the risotto as it was way too creamy for my liking (but don't get me wrong, this doesn't extent to nut cream, WAKAKAKA).

Beef Carpaccio

Tacchino Affumicato

Risotto

Lasagna

Hankered for coffee, so we paid the bill and walked over to Illy Espressamente to get a latte. As usual, it was very difficult to get a seat. While waiting, we spied Cheryl Samad and Shamser Sidhu (dunno if anyone still remembers him). To complement the bitterness of the coffee, SK ordered a pecan pie and Lifebook chose the Death by Chocolate. That slice of cake looked like sludge from the Exxon crude spill. At the end, Gratitude turned up as the surprise guest. By 4:00pm, SK and I left for Suria KLCC to visit the Citibank redemption counter. Exchanged my points for some discounted Thermos stainless steel pots for mum. While waiting for me, the ever shopaholic Lifebook manager buy a pair of shoes and a wristlet from Paul Smith. Ever the happy shopper. He was also looking for some work shoes, but nothing caught his eye. The theme at Suria KLCC was "Christmas Tree in a Box", so it was kinda apt that I went there on Boxing Day. Hahaha. Sekian...

Boxed Christmas

P.S.: That day, I received a Christmas present from Apollo, a stainless steel chain from Bausch K. Thank you, I like it very much.

Chained

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho