CNY III: Cute Cameron

On CNY eve, SK & I received great news that Mel had given birth to a bouncing baby boy! After she had settled everything at the hospital and been discharged, we decided to give her a visit in Kajang. Upon arrival at her house, she couldn't find her house keys. She had left them in her car that was still parked at the hospital and her hubby had left for Seremban to attend his brother's wedding! In the end, we had to come in via the back door (I was nearly resigned to climbing over the front gate!). But still, we had to gempar the whole neighbourhood because she misplaced her keys to the back alley gate (and our government announces that the crime rate is down). The new mother was obviously still tired out from her new responsibilities and the emergency Caeserian, luckily her parents were down to lend a hand. Her mother was bathing the kid upstairs and I could hear him wailing at the top of his voice. Definitely his mother's son. :P. Little Cameron looks a lot like his mum. Eyes like his mum and a full head of hair like his dad. Very cute. Cooled off from the CNY heat with a glass of iced Ribena and some non-halal fruitcake. Got all the gory details and left hungry for lunch. Haha.

iPhone85Ajisen

Made an impromptu call to CarpeDiem. Met him for lunch at Ajisen Ramen, Sunway Pyramid. Made it a point to order their imported ramen this time after I was cheated with their cheaper mee maggi variety. It was nice. The soup base was as good as I remembered it from the branches in Jakarta and Singapore, but the ramen seemed thinner. The chasiu was also quite good in terms of taste and texture. Did not spend too long at Sunway Pyramid as we were due to visit KH's home. Meekly wished my MIL a Happy Chinese New Year and proceeded to the living room. Quite usual for her to be busy-busy in the kitchen. Being the good son-in-law, I should have went in to help her, but decided against it as I'm sure she loves me too much to get my hands dirty. :P. Took the chance to cuddle close to KH on the sofa while watching the ending to Stephen Chow's "Forbidden City Cop" (his dad conveniently retreated to his room, hehe). Still funny after all these years. My MIL made some small talk with me and gave me my red packet. Did not detect any annoyance or hostility... so phewww!

iPhone86HainanTea

Poor Apollo was working the whole CNY, so we arranged a supper meet with him, his BF, Lifebook, KH, SK and I at Hainan Tea, SS2. Before that, KH and I broke our 'vegetarian fast' at his place while his bro was watching TV outside. XD. Such a coincidence that KH met his primary schoolmate there. I'm surprised that they could still recognize each other after all these years and kgs later. :P. Food and drinks were so-so, but we had a great time bitching current events. Lifebook asked me to help him to buy 2183 at Magnum, Da Ma Cai and Toto the next day and you know what? 2138 was one of the consolation prizes at Da Ma Cai. Better luck next time!

Comments

Danny said…
is the baby mixed? cos he doesn't look like typical chinese baby worr..
Chat Mate said…
Hmmm... So this is the ramen I'm getting... :D
J said…
Da Ma Cai???!!!! Hahahah!!!!
William said…
@Danny:
Haha, he's Indian + Punjabi.

@ChatMate:
^_^

@Hdaran:
Any favourite number? :P
kidz said…
who does those "kgs" belongs to? kh or his classmate? u werent specific.. =p
Derek said…
You took pic of the love letters? But u got eat last yr also le. Sure forget alr.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho