There's Life After Brunei I: Touchdown

Having spent thirty four days in Brunei (the immigration officer's screen flashed red~ "Overstayed for 4 days"), I found it apt to end the business trip with a trip to Singapore. It was for my sanity, my super full balls and to make up for me missing our Deepavali rendezvous in KL last November. I bought the ticket at about a week before departure and only Tiger could give me a decent price. Price is still the determinant in the end. The night before flying, I packed up most of my stuff and passed unfinished detergent and my local SIM card to Cutie #2. Disappointed that he did not open the door only clad in his skivvies. Bah. So, I departed from BSB at 9:30am and arrived in KL some time after noon. SK was waiting for me at the arrival hall. Since my connecting flight to Singapore was at 2:40pm, we had some time to kill at CBTL. The month's challenges had truly drained her a bit. Did some catching up and she sent me on my way.

Usually, the flight to Singapore only takes about thirty five minutes, but for the very first time for me, it took more than an hour. The airplane kept circling between Johor and Singapore for unknown reasons. No announcement was made. Was kinda impatient to get off the plane especially with the middle-aged couple beside me so lovey-dovey and constantly holding hands. Made me think of KH even more. I walked out of the Budget Terminal at 5:00pm. Took a few minutes to get a bottle of cK Free for my brother this Xmas. Quickly followed KH into the cab and headed back to Bishan. Was supposed to get ready to meet my brother for dinner at 7:00pm, but we still found the time to fool around fr a bit. Our bodies definitely were craving for each other. Having worked up an appetite, we headed to Tanjung Pagar MRT station.

Dinner was at Osvaldo's, my brother's favourite Italian joint. Quite classy (Aqua Panna costs SGD8 :S). The waiter did his best to explain to us the specials, but we ordered from the menu anyway. My brother had the papardelle with wild boar ragu, while I had the papardelle with duck ragu. The waiter jokingly took an order of papardelle with chicken ragu for KH. Heh. But KH ordered the pork belly. To start, we ordered the mixed meat platter and Chianti. The thin slices of meat went really well with the bread. But the pasta was kinda mild for me. I did not detect the aroma of duck! But it was delicious none-the-less. KH's cut of meat was really tender and it practically melted in one's mouth. For dessert, we ordered the ice cream spaghetti (just the shape of the ice cream really, but it was a fantastic vanilla) and ice cream with a frozen zabajone heart. Was kinda amused to see that they use giant lamps at the kitchen counter to keep the dishes warm and the waiters use a hand-held battery-operated cheese grater that I mistook for a giant barcode reader. :P.

Osvaldo's

Post-dinner, KH and I went over to the nearby Tea Chapter to say hi to w850i and his new boyfriend, Andy. It was Andy's birthday and there were loads of guests. So cute to see them wearing identical polo ts. Later on, KH brought me to Lockerroom for drinks. Wanted to go to DYMK, but at 09:30pm, only the staff were there! In comparison, Lockerroom was much darker and noisier. The staff dressed in sporting apparrel as the name suggests the theme. Ordered some cocktails and did some people-watching. They were also screening "The Naked Truth" (one of the few movies that KH and I watched together), so it was also fun to watch that. Did not like the fact that I had to scream above the loud music, but it was fun that when I went in close to whisper in KH's ear, he would steal a kiss.

Quite a bit of caucasians in the establishment, with some tellingly sitting alone, waiting for someone to join 'em. There was one weirdo Chinese speccy guy that sat behind us. With drink in hand, he walked from the entrance to the toilet for many rounds. And each time he passed by our table, he would look at us unflinchingly. Erk. Later in the night, Kidz joined us for drinks. Ever with a cap or hat, definitely eye-catching. Did not get to talk much with him. We rescheduled for breakfast on Tuesday morning as he had to leave for Malaysia in the morning. By 11:00pm, we left and the gay boys were just getting out of the woodwork. Heh. But still, had to reserve our strength for the day to come... At that late hour, we walked home with our hands linked together... It's good to be together again.

Comments

Derek said…
Miss you lots too! Very happy to see you again and to help you forget about Brunei! LOL
Cheryl said…
these days i had no time to read the blog.. am too drain.. really
TZ said…
The food description made me drooling... I'm hungry early morning...
nicky05 said…
Aiyor. First thing landed on Sg do skanky things already .:PPPP
Gratitude said…
I read it as "KH's cut meat was really tender" LOlz
+Ant+
J said…
spaghetti ice cream?? didn't it melt before u guys had a chance???
William said…
@Derek:
It was a lot of help. Thanks for cheering me up baby.

@SynchZ:
Ok la... I like the texture of the papardelle. But I couldn't really taste the duck! The meat like in varuval.

@Cheryl:
Haha. Should be better now.

@TZ:
Hehe. It should!

@Nicky:
Don't waste time!

@Ant:
LOL

@HDaran:
It was semi-melted when it reached our table. Doesn't help in the taste department, just presentation.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho