Chores


iPhone57
Swiped from williamnyk.
Coming back from Brunei, I had three days of replacement leave to clear-- two for the month-long trip, and one for Deepavali. Took the opportunity to visit the commissioner of oaths to get some legal documents signed.

"You know what you are signing ah? You understand Bahasa Malaysia right?"

Legal things suck. A long-drawn affair between my late uncle and my late dad. That was quick and painless. Then went to the post office to renew the car's roadtax. Waited and waited for quite some time. The counters were busier than usual because of the whole traffic summons discount exercise. When it was my turn, the clerk told me that the insurance had not been renewed yet! Alamak! Got the number from mum, and settled with the agent. Waited for my number again! Ugh. And all the while little Cyan was running up and down the post office. Lunch was at Restoran Goon Wah. Naturally ordered their famous XO fish head noodles and stir-fried pork intestines. Cyan did not fancy the noodles at all since there were chillies swimming in the soup. Hehe. Poor kid. He walloped a whole bowl of longan tong sui instead. Back home, mum supplemented his lunch with bread and fried egg.

Later in the afternoon, I went out again to visit KK, my stylist. Found out that he opened a branch at the adjacent building. Just right next to his ex-employer. When Snips closed shop, he moved in. With a better location on the ground flor, he should be getting more walk-in customers. I asked KK to trim my unruly locks and he gladly did so. Actually, he was secretly hating my long hair. Said it was too messy. Hehe. Oh well. Now I know that KH is not alone in his thinking. With his expansion, he hired new staff as well. The shampoo boy was quite disappointing. Washed my shirt while washing my hair. Handled me like a rag doll! KK's partner quickly came over and dried my shirt with a hairdryer. Since I was there, I opted for a scalp treatment as well. Getting old, I think my hair's not as thick as it used to be! Better start some pre-emptive measures. Sigh...

Comments

Shake Trees said…
9 out of 10 bald men are rich. :P
Derek said…
See, told you baby's hair too long alr! Hehe
Gratitude said…
Too fabulous to be a rag doll
+Ant+
William said…
@Koala:
I agree!

@Derek:
But you just don't like the fact that it gets into your eyes when we get close.

@Grat:
Hardly!
J said…
Getting old isn't too bad... At least you still HAVE hair...
Twilight Man said…
Any advice to prevent those legal battles? I wanna get ready too.
William said…
@Hdaran:
Must make sure the fall rate isn't higher than the growth rate!

@Twi:
Not a battle, just troublesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho