Armanee

Since I had two and half days of annual leave to clear by the end of 2010, I took leave last Friday to meet some friends and settle some banking. Updated my accounts and activated some that had become dormant. In case you don't know, an account that has no withdrawal activity for a year will be flagged as dormant and a fee will be charged on it annually for seven years before it is closed and the money sent to the central bank. Turns out that I actually have more money than I think I have. LOL. Need to consolidate my liquid assets. All over the place and unaccounted for. After finishing my banking at Bandar Park, I made a call to JJ. He gave me directions to Armanee Condominium in Damansara Damai in the most unconventional of ways:

"When you see the Sri Damansara sign, DON'T turn in. When you see the SD 1-5 sign, DON'T turn in."

Goodness. I double-checked with Google Maps. However, Armanee Condominium does not exist in the online map, only Armanee Terrace in Mutiara Damansara. Thinking it to be the same place, I drove there. Quite easy. Was quite proud of myself. Then I proceeded to call HJ. Damn, no line. When the coverage was better, I made like ten calls which went unanswered! Luckily I managed to get EDGE and contact JJ on GTalk!

Moi: Where are you?! I'm already at the lobby.

JJ: I don't see you either.


Shit * 100. Persuaded JJ to take the cab to The Curve instead. The Christmas decorations at The Curve were kinda disappointing. Kiddy and unimaginative. JJ treated me to lunch at Kim Gary. Ordered the hot and spicy chicken set. Agak sedap. However, the fish fillet in cream sauce that JJ ordered was not very good. Super bland sauce with just a hint of corn. Disgruntled JJ sent it back to the kitchen. The waitress brought it back out accompanied by a bowl of concentrated cream sauce. Tambah secukup rasa. Hehe. Halfway through, Lifebook joined us. He had a lunch appointment with a friend. Then we went down to Starbucks. Didn't feel like coffee that day, so I ordered their iced lemon tea. Refreshing with a hint of mint.

Chatted some more, but about grown up topics like investment and such. I spied a guy drawing the most convoluted Entity-Relationship diagram I had ever seen. When he zoomed out using Visio, the connecting lines were as numerous as wrinkles on a retired prune. Really wonder how anyone can make heads or tails from that. Sent JJ home after that and made my way to New Town Kopitiam to drink a cup of honey lemon and surf the net while waiting for SK to get off work.

Madonna and Child

Back home, my mother was having one her days. All cranky. Later found out it was because she had twisted her foot earlier in the day. :S. Went to the vigil mass and the LDP was jammed up all the way from Sunway to Kg. Cempaka. Missed the cantata as a result. NTV7 was there to film the mass. Wonder if I got any airtime? :P. Before going home, we stopped by at Pappa Rich, Kuchai Lama for some supper. The Bangladeshi workers were smitten by little Cyan. Had nasi lemak, chicken hor fun and char siew pau ta-pau-ed from the nearby Restoran Ful Lai (nice, but MYR1.80 per piece!). The iced coffee was so diluted. Banned.

XMAS2010SIC1

Comments

Justb3cks2 said…
Yummy... Come let's go exercise to burn calories :D
Mr.D said…
I saw you on TV. Haha kidding. Happy New Year Will.I.Am
William said…
@JB:
Haha. What type of 'exercise'?

@SkyH: @MrD:
Happy New Year!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Lol wei, told you those directions as landmarks mah. Actually, SK herself did it the same way when giving directions to your house.
Derek said…
Bring Cyan around and he gets a lot of attention! LOL
William said…
@JJ:
Is it?! I prefer using 'positive' directions.

@Derek:
Yeah lo. He cute ma. Bring to your house during CNY is it?
Jaded Jeremy said…
I too prefer that way but I couldn't at that time due to lack of familarity abd especially after you couldn't recognise 8trium, which is still being developed.
J said…
It would be nice to have some extra bank balance staring at me!!!
Unknown said…
fu lai? i had bad pao and siu mai there last year. terrible to me but semua orang berbeza beza.




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
William said…
@JJ:
did not notice 8trium!

@Hadaran:
Better to have it jump up and kiss you.

@Jino:
True!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho