Exactly 30 I: Wu & Bites

Birthday or not, I went to the wet market on Saturday. For some unknown reason, there seemed to be less people in town that weekend and that made my visit to the market more pleasant. Unfortunately, I woke up blur and tired that morning and it didn't help that I encountered a burly uncle that morning over a very minor traffic issue. It wasn't a nice start to 30. Breakfast a simple meal of lum mee at the OUG market. After marketing, we immediately went out to Bandar Utama. Firstly, to get some chores out of the way. Was in Center Point to replace my lightning arrestor. The horrid mess of wires under my TV finally exploded causing little Cyan to jump for cover. Luckily my appliances were saved by that magical piece of circuitry. With that out of the way, we swung to One Utama to have a quick bite to eat at CBTL. An avacado chicken sandwich, big brekkie and smoken salmon sandwich at 20% off thanks to Citibank. At around 2:00pm, we went upstairs to catch "Detective Dee and The Mystery of the Phantom Flame" at GSC. Never liked Andy Lau, but a period Tsui Hark movie is something that I won't usually pass on. The overall feel of the movie was good. An entertaining enough story. With Sammo Hung choreographing the fights, one can't go wrong. Carina and Andy were suitable for their roles. And as a gay man, I obviously have to comment on Carina's portrayal of Empress Wu. Although not as haughty as Gong Li (but I guess that's not what the director wanted to portray), Carina brought a cold, calculating confidence to the role (but her wrinkles really showed... not good for a SKII spokesperson!). And her costumes and accessories were superb. Complete with Amidala-esque hairdos. Designed by Galliano and the late Alexander McQueen if I'm not mistaken. Little wonder she turned up in a sort of 1920s mini trenchcoat with a fur lined hat in one of the outdoor scenes. Unmistakably gweilo. And her chunky rings. Gotta love her chunky rings. After the movie, we did some shopping. As usual, I left empty-handed.

Chicken Avacado

Dinner was with my sister, bro-in-law and Cyan at Rosemary Bites. Decided to try their other stuff. Noticed another nearby restaurant with many more patrons-- America on a Plate. Did some scouting (little Cyan was freaked out by the crowd) and apparently that place serves pork and some other stuff. Ordered their clam chowder (way too salty, but I like salty), pasta in meat sauce (I'm not a tomato-based sauce person, but I liked it anyway), lamb shoulder in mint sauce, black pepper lamb chops, salmon in wasabi mayo (not as adventurous as advertised), fish and chips and fried chicken in tangy sauce (think milennium chicken rice). For my birthday cake, we ordered three plates of apple crumble with vanilla ice cream. For some reason, my bro-in-law and I both tasted garlic inside. The chef was amused! That's how I celebrated my birthday. Thanks everyone for the calls, wishes on FB and SMS-es.

BDAY2010Rosemary

30 is just a number. 30 is just a number. 30 is just a number. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Comments

Legolas said…
But 30 is fun! Thirty, flirty and thriving!
Twilight Man said…
My boy, age is just a number! You still live like a teen, so your Thirty is Thirsty, Dirty and Naughty!

You are like a housewife, always at wet markets. I will hide and pounce on you soon! You still push that basket trolley like a grandma? LOL
Pike-chan said…
Welcome to the club, lols
Jaded Jeremy said…
You're in the best club: old enough to have much more than 20s but still look young enough hehe.
Gratitude said…
With all the rich food that you consume, I wonder how you manage to keep that waistline from ballooning.

30, hmmmm the metabolic mess will creep-in soon.
+Ant+
Kris said…
haha i like the name of that restaurant! but the garlic apple pie is too much! hehe

30 is not too bad! especially when u don't look it!
Cheryl said…
Can't even remember how I hv my 30 bday... U r lucky dear
Shake Trees said…
happy belated b'day to u. 30 is still young man.
Derek said…
I will be joining u next year! Muacks!
fufu said…
wow too many movie i havent watched... but glad you had a great celebration there :)
William said…
@Legs:
Flirty is good!

@Twi:
Naughty is also good! Yes, I do push the trolley!

@Pikey:
Hehe. Any benefits?

@JJ:
Mo money? :P

@Grat:
The waistline needs to be tamed!

@Kris:
The chef assured me that there was no garlic inside! :P. Thanks for the ego boost! :P

@Cheryl:
31st I know la.

@Koala:
Yeah lo. It's all relative.

@Derek:
Waiting for you...

@Fufu:
Hope you have a movie marathon soon!
Skyhawk said…
30 is the hottest and sexiest age...have fun Will!
Little Dove said…
Happy belated birthday Mr William! From the comments I read, I think you might have a babyface and far from looking like 30 years. ;)
William said…
@Nicky:
Oooo... you like older men.

@SkyH:
How many years will the fun last?

@LittleD:
Thanks! Day by day, it's getting harder to cheat people. :P
kidz said…
yup.. 30 is just a number.. just not a small number.. =p

haa... but for someone who settled down, that age feels comfortable.. the kind u discuss on future, talk bout kids, where to retire.. =p

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho