Chicken Rice & Tom Yam


Braun Buffel
Swiped from williamnyk.
Last Saturday, I could wake up a bit later cause mum wanted me to stay home to monitor the contractor. The Indonesian worker came at around 8:00am and started work not long after. I still had not entirely wiped the sleep from my eyes, so I just lazed on the sofa watching Rice Rhapsody on my iPhone. Not really very entertaining but it helped me pass the time. A good friend of mine once recommended that I ask my mother watch the movie. I wonder if she'd be receptive. Heh. Two hours and five wheelbarrows later, the worker left for another site to work. Ugh. Mum and SK came home not later bringing breakfast! Had a mixture curry mee, wantan noodles and nasi lemak. Work only resumed at 3:00pm. But at least another worker came along to speed up the digging. At around 3:30pm, CCC came over and we went out to the nearby Giant to visit the spectacle shop. It was an emergency because the spectacle leg had rusted off in the sleeve and he's quite blind without it. I took the chance to make a spare pair too. No point letting the Braun Buffel frame that Apollo gave me for my birthday two years ago go to waste.

First order of business was helping CCC choose a new frame. Even if the spectacle didn't break, the frame was faded and the coating on his lense was practically gone. High time to get a replacement. So we asked him, what kind of frame would you like?

I want something geng! I want something chiew!

SK and I looked at each other and scratched our heads. He couldn't even describe it. But the general idea was to choose something that would help him escape his uncle-ness without looking too stylish. Such a contradiction right? We ended up choosing something semi-conservative that was within his budget. It's really quite challenging to choose something 'fashion-forward' for someone who can't even accept anything other than grey and black for his underwear. :S. My lense was decided in a jiffy. Was convinced to do use Carl-Zeiss seeing that it's my last chance to take advantage of the 'special price'. Back at home, I helped CCC super glue the leg back on as a temporary fix.

Awet Thai Cafe

Dinner was randomly picked from a quick search on the internet. SK suggested Thai, so we searched for something nearby. Ended up at Awet Thai Cafe, Bandar Puteri Puchong. Ordered their bestseller, roasted pork shoulder (moist but crispy at the sides, goes fantastically with the spicy dipping sauce), minced pork salad (I think it needs more sweet basil, but the portion was very generous), seafood tomyam (clear, but spicy and sour, just the way I like it) and stir-fried fern. They serve a bottomless screwpine drink for MYR1.20 per person. Quite refreshing at first, but I got a bit sick of it towards the end. After dinner, we went to IOI Mall. Mum hunted for curtain material at Tewah (the house of gaudy curtains!), while SK found a sofa for her new place at Macy. Went home after making a quick stop at QBean, a rip-off of SG's Mr. Bean. That concludes my Saturday.

P.S.: The curtain you see above~ the epitome of gaudiness is it not?

Comments

Ash Godiva said…
a little bit gaudiness...but i like the colour
nicky05 said…
how old is he anyway?...HAHAHAHAHA
Cheryl said…
he can accept blue la... haha...
fufu said…
gaudiness? are you kidding me? anyway i wanna eat tomyam!!!!
Danny said…
my goodness.. i will NEVER allow that curtain to pass my door..!! ;p
if i want something gaudi.. i'll pick something with brocade motif a la renaissance era...;)
Elton said…
I wan go try try... ...
William said…
@Ash:
The dangling stuff freak me out the most!

@Nicky:
I think same age as me, but was my junior in F6.

@Cheryl:
Haha. You should know the best.

@Fufu:
Haha. Too bad the tom yam pic turned out blurred!

@Danny:
LOL. Brocade? Wah, your apartment will be like a palace!
simonlover said…
Wah!!!!! - You as his good friend and yet u couldn't manage to convert him to buy underwears besides grey/black?!!! -- You hard to work harder okay! =P.. Must preach evytime whn u meet him up!
kidz said…
hey... i like the blue color of the frame.. and i like the word braun buffel... =p though i didnt know they make frames too..
Derek said…
Yeah, the frame is nice. Can't wait to see you in it.
William said…
@Simon:
I think I would just be wasting my breath.

@Kidz:
You'd be surprised at the number of brands that produce frames.

@Derek:
You've already seen me in it. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho