Wanna Buy An iPad?

What's the best business model in the world?

Your product must be a necessity.

Your target customers are women.

Use the MLM framework to make the most money in the least amount of time and effort!

What could that product be?

You get a free pack of pantie liners if you answered sanitary pads.

My ex-coursemate, Egg rang me up for drinks. Said she was bringing another ex-coursemate whose name did not ring a bell (not surprising since I have bad memory and couldn't care less about most ex-coursemates). I was quite oblivious to the trap I was walking into. Luckily I brought SK along. Years and years ago, Egg had a crush on me (ala "Fatal Attraction"), and all the while she thinks that SK is her arch-nemesis. So, the purpose of having SK there was actually to act all lovey-dovey and create further scandals. Evil, aren't we? But it might trigger her psychosis again too... so not sure if it was wise. Well, Egg didn't show her displeasure, or she hid it well by stabbing her thigh under the table. Turns out that the friend she brought (henceforth will be described as Running Moon) was trying to rope us in for some MLM thingy. And our drinks venue was conveniently located just a stone throw's distance away from the MLM office. Goodness.

We humoured her, so we went up to look at the product demo! They claim that sanitary pads in the market use recycled material that is "source of all sorts of womanly woes". But what they're selling is "a breath of fresh air to the multi-billion dollar sanitary pad industry" cause they use all new materials and have a patented anion far infra-red technology applied within.

Running Moon: This technology is very advanced! The anions will only be released when in touch with moisture!

SK & I: Oooooooo. What are the anions for?

Running Moon: Errr, it's like what you see in air-conditioning advertisements!

SK & I: Remove odour? Anti-bac?

Running Moon: Errr, yeah yeah! Even MEN use our product!

SK: WHAT?! For haemerrhoids?!

Running Moon: No, no. They wear it for better blood circulation!

Moi: So it's supposed to interact with the sweat in the crotch area to release anions?!

Running Moon: Huh?

Moi: Thought you said it needs moisture?

Running Moon: Errr, actually, well, we have day and night use... some even put it in their shoes! (changed the topic)

Moi: How... err... innovative.


Pengsan. Men using sanitary pads. What is the world coming to? I tell you, it's the End of Days if I hear a guy sucking on a sanitary pad to cure bad breath! I'm not going anywhere with Egg anymore! SK was definitely VERY PATIENT when talking to Running Moon. She was practically gritting her teeth and trying very hard to control her voice. Looks like she's doing well trying to be more feminine and less bitchy. Hehe. I have nothing against MLM sales pitches, but honestly, Running Moon was horribly misinformed, does not now the product well and failed at showing us the demo. We met her upline's upline briefly:

Man With Moon: Truth be told, what's the point of working? To be rich right? You wanna be rich right?

SK: No.

Man With Moon: .................. Alrighty then.


We just left Running Moon there. I did not bother to reply her SMS.

P.S.: We did our own research on their patented technology and found that they achieve the effect by using nano particles of tourmaline and silver. Wonder if those nano particles would escape and enter the vagina causing more havoc?!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Well written. :)
YEAH... i am more feminine :P.

That EGG, lantak! I tak takut pun..
I rasa more GERAMz at her own way to drag DEAR into that stupid MLM. I rasa she wanna share the intimacy topic with u lor, DEAR. Kakakakaka...
Ash Godiva said…
it's released when in touch with moisture?!oh does that area always moist??

i had been to this iPad demo before and they put on the head to 'cure' baldness and headache..haha
the viennamese said…
SK's answer: No. Haha. GOLD!

The both of you are waaay to patient to layan. I wouldn't have bothered.
said…
running moon fail to become a marketeer
Gratitude said…
Pray I dun see that bigger bulge the next time I see you.
William said…
@Cheryl:
Errr... I think I will reject all her invitations from now on.

@CountA:
Put on the head?! Goodness.

@Evann:
And she can answer pointblank. Poker face. Give face ma...

@L2:
Yes. Failed miserably.

@Grat:
LOL.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Wah so free to humour her ar.
Derek said…
Why suddenly got new character at the end called Love My Moon? LOL
William said…
@JJ:
I'm very good-natured ma. XD

@Derek:
Opps... missed that. Rectified!
Little Dove said…
You're really nice. I give them my scary look when friends like these approach.

I have to say Running Moon has really bad marketing skills.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho