The Physics of Love

How much do you remember of your physics? Amplitude? Frequency? Interference? Resonance? Maybe some physics genius can help me on this:

For some strange reason, KH can't hear my voice well over the phone. According to him, my intonation is so erratic that he usually misses the last part of my sentence. Kinda tapers off. Well, let's investigate this in a scientific manner:

~ The problem persists with my Samsung SGH-X700, Nokia 5220 and iPhone.

~~ Hence, there might be something wrong with my voice.

~~~ But nobody else seems to complain about this.

~~~~ Hence, there might something wrong with his ears.

~~~~~ But he says he can hear other people well.

~~~~~~ Perhaps my voice and his ears are at odds?

Since I have no wish of shouting into the phone, perhaps I should enunciate more slowly. But that kinda makes chatting so robotic. I like to be manja over the phone and that kinda spoils the mood. Dunno la. So difficult at times. Perhaps I need to get a telephonist's headset for my iPhone? Speakerphone mode? Hmmm.....

P.S.: Luckily no such problem during phone sex. :P

Comments

carpe diem said…
U both need skype, webcam and a nice cosy bed with dimmed lights.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Actually, I have the same problem hearing you. Thought you know? Even person-to-person (remember in Singapore's MRT train?).
Alex said…
Try calling Jeremy. If the problem is there, possibly the KL-Singapore connection?
kidz said…
u know in dramas, when they are avoiding someone.. they start to say,

'what u say? sorry? the line is noisy.. I can't get u.. think something is wrong.. talk to u some other time..' then click..

well.. from what u say u dun hav problem with other ppl, he dun hav problem with other ppl.. so... u go figure =p

*if still dun get it tell u later..
Anonymous said…
Lolz. Transmitter and receiver 180 degrees out of phase? Signals got eliminated...
William said…
@Carpe:
Cannot... my internet line is lousy. :(

@JJ:
Blegh.

@Alex:
Singaporean water is bad for ears. :P

@Kidz:
Haha. We weren't having such "heavy" conversations. :P

@Anon:
I'm beginning to think that I subconsciously "throw" my voice.
kidz said…
actually i was going to suggest is voip problem.. afterall it is international call.. =p
ichimaru akira said…
Erm... Govt conspiracy perhaps?
Janvier said…
Have you both also tried using the supplied earphones with mic that comes with the iPhone 3GS?

We love it!
MrBunnyBan said…
so that's why KH goes into the privacy of his room whenever you call... he must be hoping for phone sex
Gratitude said…
Ya, you sounded super manja last nite!
+Ant+
Bengbeng said…
super manja? must hear yr voice sometime :)
William said…
@Kidz:
It is possible. The bf uses a calling card.

@Ichi:
I blame Najib.

@Jan:
Thanks for the tip. Will try tonight!

@Ban:
LOL. You noticed.

@Grat:
I did? :P

@Beng2:
Wakakaka. One day.
Derek said…
Yeah, it's your intonation. Cannot be the line always something wrong at the end of the sentence right? LOL
carpe diem said…
Manja mah - So maybe the words sorta melts off towards the end of each sentence. You won't realize cos you are doing it. Next time when you are calling, ask another person to be by your side to check the decibel out ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho