Mid-Autumn Madness

This year's Mid-Autumn Festival started like any other Saturday for me... a trip to the wet market. The only difference was that CK joined us. But it was good. We got him to push the cart instead. Hehe. Felt like having a male maid. I was supposed to pick up the Shanghai mooncakes (with yam filling, so yummy!) that I had ordered from my colleague, but that kinda fell through. I told myself the whole of last night-- remember to bring the office keys! And when I stepped out of the lift, I just remembered that I also need the DOOR CARD! Ugh! Brunch was Bao Xiang at Puchong Jaya. It's a branch from the famous shop in Klang. We ordered ribs, cartiledge and intestines. All came in very dainty bowls. Lots more meat than soup. When you ask for more soup, they also bring it to you in very small bowls! So precious. The taste is a bit different from usual, leaves a sweet aftertaste at the base of your throat. Quite special.

In the afternoon, we went out again to watch a movie-- "Where Got Ghost?" at Tropicana Mall. The movie is made up of 3 short stories. Well, 2/3 sucked. And the final watchable movie was basically a spin-off from "Money No Enough II". The only consolation was the ample leg space in the empty cinema. Before the movie, we had a quick bite at Otak-Otak Place. The overall concept is nostalgia. The menu is printed on a buku latihan amali and the whole shop is filled with old toys (congkak, pick-up sticks, braided rubber bands). Each and every table even has a pack of Happy Family cards. Tried their steamed otak-otak and I must admit it was quite nice. A good texture with the fish meat, but it's quite dear at MYR3 for something you can down in 2 bites. Their otak-otak pau is quite innovative, but taste-wise, it gets a C. And its interesting to note that they serve cream cracker lemau with their pulled tea.

Mid-Autumn

After the movie, we headed home to rest. Mum and SK were busy in the kitchen preparing dinner. There was fried bihun, steamed chicken, chinese lettuce with stir-fried mengkuang, stir-fried lotus root and SK's own fish paste omelette. As if we weren't full enough, we also ate mini yams and caltrops after dinner. Then moving out to the living room, we downed several fruit platters (peaches, apples, kiwi fruits, mango and pears compliments of Cho). Later, out came the mooncakes and tea (SK's super blend!!!). With my nephew around, we lit candles and put up some paper lanterns (lousy quality from Giant). I also brought him jalan-jalan outside with his lantern (a transparent Hello Kitty with flashing lights, floating polystyrene pearls inside and chinky techno music). By the end of the night, Cyan was so worked up that he didnt want to follow his parents home.

The moon was hidden by clouds that night, but it was definitely full on everyone's faces.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
Wow went to wet market and push cart, some more! Sounds so grandma like me! LOL
Cheryl said…
The day is so like a family gathering hor... but what make it special is we had a maid, DEAR. LOL... Very kind of him helping ard... must ask him come more often.
said…
lolz to twinkle~ damn... i only use basket...muahahaha
Legolas said…
Did you see any suitable candidates for Cheryl while you were out?
Gratitude said…
Wet market with a drag-trolley, does that qualify me as another granma? or sld i walk with more macho-styled? :P lolz
Cheryl said…
dear9, u mean in the market ar? Pengz.
Kris said…
Ahhh mooncake festival, I celebrated to!! so sad we didnt get to have mooncakes though! the food looks delicious esp that bun, I'm always surprised when people celebrate it because I never remember the date either
Bengbeng said…
i am in the grandma club too? :( iiks!!!!
William said…
@TZone:
I'd rather be called grandma than lug around so much groceries around OUG Market!

@Cheryl:
Anytime.

@L2:
Basket more like grandma!

@Legs:
The pork seller.

@Grat:
You should put some chrome accessories on it.

@Cheryl:
Hung chai.

@Kris:
It's not a bun! It's shanghai mooncake with yam filling! I just so happened checked the calendar.

@Beng:
Join join join!
Jaded Jeremy said…
"Felt like having a male maid. I was supposed to pick up the Shanghai mooncakes..."

Lol I read it as "Shanghai male maid".
Twilight Man said…
I always go to OUG market too! No wonder, once I saw the back of one coconut that looked like yours! LOL.. Why can't you turn your profile head around?
William said…
@JJ:
You think Savante meh!

@TZone:
I used to have a profile pic with just one eye and my mile-high hair. But I did not like it a lot.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho