Aisyeh-man Ramen

Wandering at One Utama on the evening of Raya eve, I ended up having dinner at Ajisen Ramen because Pick 'n Brew was closed for the holidays. I had tried the Ajisen in Singapore and Jakarta, so I was wondering about the taste of Malaysia. As I sat down, I immediately felt a tinge of regret. The service was horrible. The staff was seen scrambling about and nobody even came over to give me the menu. After managing to hail a waiter, I got hold of the menu and finally ordered. I ordered the ramen set with spicy chicken. It was quite reasonably priced considering that even the Basic Ajisen Ramen costs MYR10.90. Extra corn would cost you MYR2.00! As I was waiting for my dish, I saw a roach crawling across the floor. Quite a good size too. Another customer spotted it and requested that the waiter dispose of it. You know what? He stepped on it and gave it its last rites on a paper napkin! When my bowl finally arrived, it was sans my green tea. And I had to holler another waiter. Ugh. The ramen was weird. Not the Ajisen that I knew. But the soup was similar. After finishing my meal, I asked the owner, "What's up with your ramen?". Turns out that the ramen set uses a cheapo version of ramen and not the usual Ajisen Ramen. Bah! Cheated.

Comments

Pranny said…
Noted, won't go to Aisyeh Ramen if I ever come across one..~~

Bad experience huh..
Jaded Jeremy said…
Eeek that's cheating. The Ajisen ramen is special. Haiz.
Kris said…
William that's CRAZY, I've had Ajisen ramen here too!! I've only seen it in Cali where I want to go back and eat their cheap and amazing ramen (I saw no roaches) and to see this one really cute waiter again...=) it's too bad you got jipped though!
ichimaru akira said…
eeee sucks. Not going to enter any of the outlets in msia
Legolas said…
I went to the Beijing one, not bad as well. Never tried the 1U one though. But don't think I will after reading this.
said…
yerr...ok... wont go to that place anymore
William said…
@Jerry:
Ajisen! :P. Not a very good experience lo.

@JJ:
Yeah, didn't know they had a cheaper lunch set version.

@Kris:
Cute waiters are a plus!

@Evan:
Memang!

@Ichi:
Hehe. I think there's one more in Pyramid.

@Legs:
The rest of the places I had ok ar...

@L2:
You had it before there?
Derek said…
Nowadays have to cut cost ... if not how to offer set meal?

LOL Next time u come down I bring u eat the real thing ;p

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho