MOF


XMASOffice2008
Swiped from williamnyk.
Fancy Japanese desserts and coffee? Don't mind paying a little extra for your sugar rush? If you responded positively to both questions, then you should give MOF a try. Located at The Pavilion and brought to you by Izakaya. The abbreviation stands for Ministry of Food, not the Ministry of Finance. The decor is nice and the place is spacious, but the only thing that irks me is the furniture. Small and cramped. MOF is hardly a place of high customer turnover, so I do not see why they employed such a char chan teng approach. Went there because I managed to "convince" my colleague (who was celebrating her birthday) to semi-treat us. Every item on the menu only MYR5!! Hehe.

Having the subsidy made the food so much more affordable. I ordered the Macha Imo for MYR11. Like the MOF in Singapore, certain items from the menu come served with an information card to help you better enjoy the food. According to my card, the dish is a marriage between hot and cold desserts-- Hokkaido milk-base soft-serve ice cream + premium sweet potato hash brown + Hokkaido red bean paste + green tea sauce. One is supposed to combine a little bit of everything. A good mix. The sweet potato was really fragrant and the red bean provided whatever extra sweetness required. The recurring theme one would see on the menu is Hokkaido red bean paste, fruits, glutinous rice balls. Go give it a try lo.

Addition:
Since the last I wrote this, I went to MOF again. The second time round, I was the one to treat (what goes around, comes around). I tried another chef's recommendation-- Shiratama Kurian. It's a soft-serve ice cream sundae with peaches, strawberries, kanten jelly, glutinous rice balls, Hokkaido red bean paste and served with a black date-prune sauce. Delicious! I was trying to connect to their wifi, but it wasn't working. I complained to the waiter, and the kid immediately whipped out his iPod Touch with a flourish to check the connection. Temp jobs pay well these days...

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
...

It's not the season for a food blog post! Tell us what happened this Xmas and New year plans!
mARCus said…
will definitely give it a try!
Jaded Jeremy said…
His parents probably bought the iPod for him lah.
Jason said…
WTF...

Kids nowadays...
[SK] said…
i wanted to try that many times, but always get too stuffed up after the proper meals and couldn't take in more dessert.. :p
.:: Ant ::. said…
Darned....now I'll have to go downstairs and buy me a Baskins. ^^

+Ant+
Bengbeng said…
ask u a stupid question ok? can u pls give me url on how to do a composite picture like yrs? u know like many pics in one..

Happy new year 2009 :)
William said…
@Ban:
I already blogged about Xmas le...

@Marcus:
:)

@JJ:
How sure are you?

@Jason:
So bahagia!

@[SK]:
Make it a dessert trip!

@Anton:
I find baskin a tad sweet!

@Beng2:
I use Picasa3. :)
Victor Tan said…
Thanks for the visit to MOF and do drop by again for more treats =)

Sincerely,
Victor Tan

MyMOF Sdn Bhd
William said…
Scouring the blogosphere for good and bad reviews alike? ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho