Nikko


collageNikko
Swiped from williamnyk.
Another one bites the dust.

My colleague of three years has finally thrown in the towel. In exchange for the departure of an experienced colleague, I was recently given two newbies fresh from colleage. People at the office say that one of 'em looks like me and the other looks like my peer in Jakarta. Though I am all for teaching and guiding, but I it depends on the situation. If the pace of things are relaxed, I do not mind it, but if things are hectic, my patience grows very thin. So far, they're both infuriating in their own ways (one knows not what he is programming and the other brings out his employment contract to question my accuracy when I tell him about company policy), but they do have their uses. Better than nothing, that's what I always say. The next generation of cheap labour. Oh well, that's how I started out anyway.

In break of all tradition, the farewell dinner for my colleague was done at Nikko Hotel! The reason being that the buffet dinner at Cafe Serena Brasserie now costs only MYR45++ on weekdays for Citibank Credit Card holders. The second reason is that my other colleague is treating me. Hehe. Can never say no to a free dinner, can I? It's an international spread with predominantly continental fare. All the Western food was quite mediocre really. The beef medallions were tough. The fish dishes had bad texture and smelt really hanyir. The raw oysters weren't fresh too. However, the sashimi section was excellent and the cheese platter much to my liking (had lots of brie on crackers). Other surprises included a white and dark chocolate fountain with a selection of fruit and marshmallow skewers. Unfortunately, the ice cream was a melted glop in an ice-bath bucket. Other goodies were their glutinous rice with shredded coconut, beef sukiyaki, prawn in garlic sauce and scallops with tartar sauce.

If you're paying MYR90++ for it, don't bother. But if you have Citibank privileges, go give it a try.

Comments

ikanbilis said…
eeek looking at this blog makes me hungry.

uh, no to tobacco!
Legolas said…
Gasp! 90 for lousy buffet? Who will ever go! The standard has dropped.
William said…
@IkanB:
Even without decent food pics it made you hungry? Haha. Not my ciggies!

@Legs:
It was better?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho