Ho Ho Ho Fun Fun Fun

Lunch on Sundays is always a big question mark. Restaurant A, boring. Kedai Makanan B, yuck. Stall C, ugh. Where to eat? Where to eat? Where to eat?! As a result, we always end up eating at some place random after mass. Something we have never tried before. Some place that looks inviting. Some place with a healthy crowd. Having gotten a bit wary and weary of the eateries at Aman Suria, we have now ventured into SS2 (don't really like the place as it confuses me and the crime rate is high). Tried a Restoran Ho Fun. From the name, it's obvious that it's a shredded chicken hor fun specialty shop. Ordered the signature dish, but with whole pieces instead of shreds and it was quite good. The first thing that you'd immediately notice is that the soup tastes and smels like prawn noodles. Even better than prawn noodles as it is quite concentrated. The compulsory kau choi was present and the chicken extremely smooth, but bland. The hor fun did not have any flour-y or preservative taste which is a plus. They serve it with preserved green chillies and I find that it is not suitable as the sourness will camouflage the subtle flavours. Mum had their curry noodles and it was also quite good. The creamy variety with shredded chicken and prawns. The price is a little above average, but the portions are quite generous, so it evens out. Go drive around SS2, and you might just stumble upon it like I did.

Comments

Melvin Mah said…
That will go into the list of food that I'll eat when I'm back....
Anonymous said…
*Tearing up* I want SS2 food too. I want pan mee. I want I want I want, but I can't have! SOB SOB SOB!
William said…
@M5l:
What else is in the list?

@Jamie:
Hi. Kawan M5l? There is instant pan mee in the market now. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho