Dante's Cove

Other than the annual dinner, the only other event that my company spends "unnecessary" money on its employees is the team-building getaway. Hence, I make it a point to attend these things though they may seem boring and a waste of a good weekend. Being unsure about my schedule, I postponed my participation until the third batch and just so happened to clash with Apollo's big birthday bash. Having booked my place in the trip earlier, I had to forgo the party (sorry, Kawan!). When Avillion and Port Dickson is mentioned in the same sentence, it usually elicits gasps and looks of awe and longing. That is what happened to me when I heard about the venue for the training.
(Finally, my company is actually appreciating us!)

Unfortunately, that sentiment didn't last long. Turns out that the training was to be held at Avillion Admiral Cove rather than Avillion Resort. The former is a budget version of the luxurious latter. To cut a long story short, I hopped on the bus PD (the bus was changed at the last minute and driver didn't even SUSPECT that a whole bunch of people with luggage was his passengers) and arrived an hour plus later. The place doesn't have a beach. It's basically a pier for a whole bunch of yachts and boats. The usual drivel about the importance of teamwork, clear communication, problem-solving, yadda-yadda-yadda. Luckily there were plenty of food breaks interspersed. Outdoor activities included aqua soccer (supposedly the only hotel in Malaysia that has it-- think of it as soccer in an inflatable pool) and telematches in the sweltering sun (nearly fried my brains). Gave the banana boat a miss as the dehydration nearly got to me.

Food was so-so. Recognized a couple of recycled lunch items during dinner. Their psuedo-infinity pool is nice though. And later at night after a boring presentation by my GM and technical manager (hijacked two hours of our free and easy time!), we were plied with red wine and vodka. Sleep came easily though I had the unluckiness of getting a smoking room. Everything else was nice enough as it was newly renovated. Simple furniture. Sliding wooden panels. LCD TV. Kitchen sink (san the kitchen!). On the bus home, we devoured three large hampers of junk food. My homecoming was interrupted by TV3's Jom Heboh. So felt like driving a tank across the stagnant traffic and droves of people. That would have been really MOTIVATING.

Avillioncollage1

P.S.: Till now, I do not know the title of my training programme. :P. But I did learn how to tie a reef knot. Handy for SM?

Comments

ikanbilis said…
WHOOOOT!!

i want to go there now.
Katetricia said…
me too ! that's very nice place!

PS: dun bother the title, as long as you enjoyed :p
Cheryl said…
The whole thing up there is so so... the interesting part is only the foot note. :P Dear just knew how to tie meh? Aduh... should have ask me! Ex President of PBSM.. simple knot i still can handle. :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
SM? Did you forewarn KH or not? ;-)
William said…
@IkanB:
The rates are quite fair it seems.

@Kate:
Too bad no beach. But can always ceroboh the one at the side.

@Cheryl:
President? lol.

@JJ:
KH will be pleasantly surprised.
Jason said…
Avilion is kinda expensive no?
Dante's Cove is full of hot guys wor, is it the same there? :p
Mr.D said…
Any eye candies in your office? :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho