Mama Sayang


Nyonya Sayang
Swiped from williamnyk.
Does your Mama sayang you? If she doesn't, then head over to Restoran (Sayur-Sayuran) Nyonya Mama Sayang at Taman Desa, on the same row as Taman Desa Hospital. Mama's all ready out front with her bronze boobs, ready to give you a bear hug you'll never forget. With that out of the way, you can head in for some vegetarian nyonya food that's impressive in natural taste. We didn't know what to order as the colleague who recommend the place to me couldn't recall what she ate. Luckily, they have very professional staff there. An elderly (and portly) woman took our orders. She recommended the mutton curry (great texture from the chopped mushroom stumps and fragrant curry), special beancurd (very smooth fried self-made beancurd with white fungus) and mixed vegetables with fermented beancurd. All the dishes did not leave an icky post-MSG taste in my mouth. And the soya milk is obviously self-blended as one can detect the bean-y smell-- most probably why their bean curd is so tasty too.

The restaurant is actually part of the Ahimsa Group of companies. Other related restaurants include Giant Bowl, Old Klang Road and Ahimsa at Endah Parade. They also have a discount card programme. I have tried the other two restaurants, but I must say that Mama Sayang is the best. In addition to food, the restaurant also sells organic and vegetarian food products. Buddhism is also promoted with a wallfull of religious CDs. DO check it out.

P.S.: I wrote this post past midnight and my stomach is grumbling...
P.P.S.: Sorry... no pictures. Take my word for it.

Comments

Little Dove said…
I'm going to get Mama to Sayang me this coming weekend.;p
I am really fascinated by the way you described the soya milk and beancurd. Can't wait to try.
ikanbilis said…
ah interesting place. gotta hunt it!
William said…
@LittleD:
Haha. Hope you'll find it great too.

@IkanB:
Halal!
Jason said…
When are you bringing me there???

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho