Watching Paint Dry


Lou Sang
Swiped from Gerald Goh.
With the impending CNY celebrations, I have stopped going into the office on Saturdays (my deadlines seem ridiculous, so I'll ignore them for now). But this not mean I'm not working. There's still work to be done.... at home. Yes folks, the dreaded Spring Cleaning. As wrong as it sounds, I wish I was at the office. So far, I've straightened (not that kind of straight) out my room, removed the pesky cobwebs clinging to the ceilings, wiped the dust of the ceiling fans, ferreted out the dustbunnies from most of the nook and crannies and wiped the windows clean. The grills at the front of the house have been painted and boy, that left me with seriously sore thighs. Forget about The Thigh Master, come help me with the rest of the house!

With that out of the way, off I went to Takashi's pre-birthday party. Met some of the people who attended Jase's party some time back (so sad that I didn't get the chance to meet Floraline again, :(). Chester (picked the fella up at KJ station) and I were kinda duped into coming at 6:15pm as the party only started around 8:00pm. We weren't the earliest though, as one of Jase's ex-coursemates was in the kitchen frying cheese and ham-filled croquettes when we arrived. Killed the time viewing some of Takashi's vacation pics. Kinda disappointed by the lack of skank factor in them. :P.

The potluck started around 7:30pm. We were already too hungry waiting for the rest to arrive, so the shovelling commenced without the rest. Tisha and Laurence whipped up a fantastic pork wrapped in lettuce dish and I brought honey-glazed chicken and tossed noodles (courtesy of SK's kitchen). In addition to the croquette's I mentioned earlier, there were pan-fried sausages and a simple, yet flavourful potato salad with thyme. As the night went on, the rest trickled in. Namely Sharmini (a petite girl who is larger than life, with even an even larger chest, :P) who brought KFC and Joel who brought the night's entertainment, the Wii (just in time as the heavy rain had knocked out the mediocre Astro programming).

We started out with tennis and boxing. And as the night wore on, we played some fun game starring rabbid rabbits doing all sorts of wu liao stuff. Running away from boulders; Washing underwear; Whacking whiny rabbit kids in the car; A fart race; A burping contest; Mechanical anaesthesiology (I'm sure Savante will approve); Swallowing butterflies; Time Cop with a plunger gun; Burger balancing on a rooftop; etc. Each game a torture of repetitive and rigourous action. First my legs, then my arms! The night only ended at 2:30am, but I was long gone before that. Pestered Takashi to cut his birthday cake. But then there was no cake. So we sang a birthday song while lou sang! Very innovative.

Sent Chester home. Had to go through all sorts of unfamiliar roads and industrial areas. Masyallah. Luckily it was easy enough to get back on the highway from his place. Anyway, Happy Birthday again to you, Takashi!

Comments

Cheryl said…
dear, should have put the "LARGER than life" photo..... curious to SEE le...HEHE... :P
savante said…
I might approve if I knew what it was? Mechanical Anest?!
Pluboy2 said…
thanks da ge.. although i was kinda dissapointed initially.. but i guess no point lah..
Will said…
Mmmmm, I want honey-glazed chicken and tossed noodles! Send recipe yah? :-)
Hazel said…
hi , nice to meet u..Happy weekend!
KopiSoh said…
Just drop by to wish you Keong Hee Fatt Chye.
William said…
@Cheryl:
Haha, I think Chester got, but not in the Baby T.

@M5l:
Aiyoh.. must be tak balik Malaysia... sek sek

@Savante:
Whack on the head.

@PluB:
Asalkan hepi. :)

@Will:
You'll have to ask Cheryl!

@Hazel:
Welcome! Where did you hop from?

@KopiSoh:
Happy CNY to you too!
Unknown said…
Happy new year...xing nien quai le :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho