The One Ring

"Where iss it? Where iss it? Lossst it is, my precious, lost, lost! Curse us and crush us, my precious is lost!"

Yes, dear friends, I've gone all Gollum on ya. I have lost something truly precious. Of highly sentimental value. A gold ring. An old ring with faded markings. I had worn it for nearly the past year. It had not left my index finger even for a swim. No it does not have fiery letters on it, nor does it make me invisible in broad daylight (not peeping tom cool, but shoplifting cool). So before you think I'll go all ash nazg gimbatul on you, let me just say that I lost my late father's ring.

On my maiden visit to The Pavilion, I had slipped the ring onto my ring finger as my index finger were getting a little chubby. After lunch at KFC, I had noticed that my ring was gone and no, it didn't slip off when I was washing my hands. Sigh. Didn't report it to lost and found as Lex suggested, but perhaps a chance in a million is better than none at all. But no point crying over spilt milk.

Anyway, back to happier things. The Pavilion is quite a nice place to hang out really. It's airy, has plenty of natural sunlight thanks to the giant sunroof and slashes in its ceilings. The shops are very upmarket, so no risk of overspending as I can't even afford the simplest of things (a bloody t-shirt costs MYR170 at Tangs). However, I spied some interesting stuff there-- kiosks selling novel crafts and unique accessories; Private Structure and 2xist at Tangs!; Dr. M's The Loaf (slightly over-priced burnt bread).

I have only seen 50% of the place, so a repeat expedition is definitely in order. Any willing guides?

"What has it in its pocketses?"

Well, nothing, nothing at all... Sorry dad...

Comments

Cheryl said…
feel sad for you as well, dear. for that ring. i knew it meant lots...*hugs*
Magus Young said…
huggz, poor thing. Well like you sed no point crying over spilt milk.

Second time around for pavilion, lemme know kay!
Jason said…
Sorry to hear that. *hugs*
Have not been to Pavilion during daytime... so when? :)
Ganymede said…
Awwww.

*hugs

I don't really like Pavillion. Nothing I can buy too. :P

Though I like it that they sell 2xist.
savante said…
Oh no! Your precccciiiiouuussss!

But sorry to heart that. I lost my dad's necklace years back as well. Bought one to replace it last year tho.
Janvier said…
Oh no! That's terrible really, you poor thing. You should have reported it nevertheless you know, don't be too cynical yet - masih muda!
Cyclohelix said…
o.O renewed vows, perhaps?
Little Prince said…
serendipity... believe. hope. feel.
David The Man said…
Oh... feel so sorry to hear about losing your precious. Anyway, be happy, yar... don't worry.

Hmmm... hearing that Pavilion has got a lot of plu as reported by coolgardy, I wanna go leh. I am going to KL this end of November with my 2 other friends, one of them is my ex-boyboy. Then, go to La Queen and Maison... hehehe...
Jaded Jeremy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Sorry, previous comment got huge typo lah hehe. So deleted it.

Sometimes things do suddenly turn up. So hopefully that happens to your ring too.
William said…
@Cheryl:
I still sometimes feel that it's there.

@Magus: Jason:
Yeah!

@QueerR:
Time to go shopping.

@Savante:
A replacement? Exactly the same?

@Janvier:
Too late liao lor... :(

@Cyclo:
Vows?

@DanielH:
Serenity is enough.

@DavidTM:
I did not see that many.

@JJ:
If it does turn up, really a miracle le!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho