Detik Bahagia

Memes are going around the blogosphere like sniffles in flu season these days. I've been tagged thrice already! I wonder what's the blogosphere's equivalent of Vitamin C... Anyway, since I've caught Janvier's germs, might as well let it take it's course. Truth be told, I don't really think of these things, but I think Mother Theresa once said that a life that you do not reflect on is not worth living.... so here:

Meeting my first love... and hopefully the last

Being the late bloomer that I am, I did not have any crushes, puppy love in my teenage years. I would like to blame my parents for instilling the whole "study first, love later" mantra, but truth be told, I was just too repressed and afraid to love. When KH came into the picture, everything changed. My walls melted away. My heart finally opened. I began to "feel". Never had I known how good it felt and also how bad it hurt. I'm just starting out, but I look forward to the journey ahead, with KH holding my hand.

Finding my faith...

For years I had believed in exsitance of God. But I guess I just didn't know who He is. With the passing of my dad, the latent Catholicism in my family reemerged. I had cried the night I heard the Rosary being read for my dad's soul and the lyrics of "Amazing Grace" really did struck a chord in me. It began with my mother. Jesus chose her. For years, I had kept my heart closed, but I had attended church. Joined the liturgy of the Mass. And only recently was I baptized-- I had finally let myself hear His calling. The Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want...

Being honest with myself...

I'm not one to live in denial, but I definitely am a person who believes in "out of sight, out of mind". I can amazingly push things to the back of my head and let things proceed as it is. For years, I had been going through life like that, until one day, I decided that enough was enough. I told myself to accept who I am and not turn a blind eye anymore. I had decided to live my life. A big turning point in my life, and it definitely is intertwined with the first two moments above-- with KH opening the floodgates and with God after I had come to a certain reconciliation and understanding.

I must say that only with all the adversities in life, we would care to struggle on to enjoy the sweetness that it can bring. Anyway, since I'm already "down with the flu", might as well pass it on. I think I'll "sneeze" on KH, but then I wonder if he'll blog about "Happy" moments instead of happy moments. Hehe. Oh well.

Comments

Janvier said…
:D
And we are reminded of this time FCI suddenly sings to tease us:
Cherish the love we had
We should cherish the life we live
Cherish the love
Cherish the life
Cherish the love...
Anonymous said…
This post is so heart warming, thanks for sharing.
adrien said…
janvier stop bursting into song! infectious, u know that?! lol.

yeah, heartwarming indeed. its nice to read this version again, after ranting with u on GTalk. lol. eye opening too, actually. :)

"cherish the love.."..OH FUCK.
Cyclohelix said…
lol adrien.. anyway, you 2 keep it up :)
Will said…
You write so beautifully. Even when you aren't writing about underwear or food.
Anonymous said…
feel so good after reading this...

cheers :)
Cheryl said…
HAPPY are those who are in LOVE! :)

Hope happiness be with you always. Even if you are facing any difficulties, we are by ur side, my dear.

*HUGS*
Imeku said…
Well crafted with balanced prose!

William my boy, you should join the local artist or the MPH contest. Who knows, you could be the next Tash Aw!

Think big, and dream big! You have our support.
Unknown said…
hi billy...
happy birthday... i saw the birthday alarm in my inbox but i am always late and i don't want to break tradition.
i am glad to hear that you've found someone... and more importantly... yourself. bravo for that.
we should chat one of these days ok...
miss ya...
~ShaZ
savante said…
Wow. You are religious! :)
William said…
@Janvier:
:P

@FireH: @Cyclo: @JL: @Jason:
:)

@Adrien:
Try whacking your head with a telephone book. I think that was the longest I have ever chatted with you. And so serious...

@Will:
Underwear?! I've not written about that in ages! Thanks. A poorly written post.

@Cheryl:
You've been a BIG help. Here's a BIG HUG!

@Imeku:
Aiyoh. Tak boleh la...

@Shaz:
Hi! How're you... I hope you will find yourself as I have...
MrBunnyBan said…
Hurrah for happy reflective posts! :)
conan_cat said…
oh yeah, i can see you oozing over KH all over this post. love for soulmate, love for God :) while i don't have a religious faith myself, i believe that only with by filling your heart with love you can find the real path to what your life holds of you. i guess from realizing it you decided to not ignore love anymore, and hey it really made your day :)
Pike-chan said…
it' so sweet.... so nice.... so positive... so appreciative... i like that..
William said…
@Ban:
Hurrah for Bunnies saying "Hurrah!"

@ConanC:
Yes, I have learnt a lot... how I much I missed

@Pikey:
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho