Fruit Protein

I've not been doing a lot food posts lately. No mood? Moved on? I'm sure ThompsonB is happy about it. I'm sure my brother is happy about it. But that aside, I'm doing a semi-food post today. It depends on your definition of food. It hs a gross factor of 6.5, I think. So, if you haven't had your dinner, better skip this one.

After a long day at work, I come home and read the papers. My mum offers me a juicy hemisphere of purple dragon fruit. It was so inviting. The colour vivid. So big and round (not talking boobs here people!) Sweet and juicy! I dug and dug at the juicy flesh. When I was nearly done, I noticed something odd near the skin. The pulp should be purple, so what is that white streak I see near the skin? Hmmmmm. Upon taking a closer look:

"GAWD! It squirmed!"

They were fruit worms. Fat and white. Nothing like your sago grubs, but disgusting enough. With further inspection, I found another 2 worms. One was even mutilated. By my spoon I guess. Yuck!!! Well, I didn't hurl or anything. But still... No pictures, coz my mum quickly got rid of the "evidence". Talk about protein.

Miss being a Flogger....

Comments

savante said…
Never been much of a fan of dragonfruit for some reason... hmm..
Janvier said…
We loves dragonfruit too! Dumps them into a cold glass of Ribena sometimes.

Neurotomy more scary than worms.
Pike-chan said…
yerrr.... that is gross....
daniel henry said…
omg. i kena once also... MAKAN de... see worm... OMG!!!!!!! yucks!
Imeku said…
If you do not mind the extra protein that the worm adds in. Mmmmm....
Cheryl said…
eh dear...you are such a blessed guy! Orang susah payah pergi "dig-dig" to look for the "protein" which is believed to enhanced SEX performance. Haha...

Beritahu la results nanti, heh? :0)
Jason said…
Oh.. we have an ex-flogger here :)
Magus Young said…
worms good for protein also wat? I luv dragon fruits..especailly the red ones, but worms, never encounter any, even ada jugak maybe i swallow liaw..:P
Just Heavenly said…
Great man! ;-) Love worm protein! ;-) Found a caterpillar in my salad in boarding school once. ;-) hahaha Thanks for stopping by
Z said…
Thank God I never see worms in my dragon fruits. I kinda love them. Lotsa vitamins in it i reckon'
Jaded Jeremy said…
Wah you should join Fear Factor haha.

Had dragonfruit plucked from my backyard (only one plant though). Don't fancy the texture much and so I usually decline and let my parents have them all.
nyonyapenang said…
Hi William,

Okie, from now on, dragonfruit will be struck off my list..
conan_cat said…
eew... maybe the mutilated one is because you bitit... XD eeeks... hahaha i must be careful liao my mom is a big fan of dragonfruits
Pluboy2 said…
dragon fruit is nice..

want protein? drink whey protein shake! densed with protein and seeing results in no time! :)
adrien said…
u do realise that in my books, a flogger is a "fucking blogger" right? lol
Fable Frog said…
hmmm~ frog like worm~ i ate one live worm before due to a friend's challenge. He almost puke when i swallow it~!! lol!
William said…
@Savante:
It's great. Especially the seeds when you shit.

@M5l:
Geeeeeeeeeeliiiiiii.

@Jan:
Ribena? Interesting.

@Pikey: @DanielH:
Hehe. But oh so nutrituous.

@Imeku: @Cheryl:
Seriously?

@Jason:
Can I be reinducted?

@Mags:
Swallow with the skin?

@Just:
:)

@Alan:
Anything with such vivid colours is good for ya!

@JJ: @NyonyaP:
It's good for ya!

@ConanC:
I did eat it!

@PluB:
Next time I ta pau some protein shake from you!

@Adrien:
Fucking Blogger? I like!

@Fable:
GrosS!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho