Excellent Choice


Money
Swiped from TW Collins.
There are money love-hate stories about MLMs out there and I'm pretty sure among my readers here, some practically swear by the products of certain companies and some just have an aneurism when direct-selling is mentioned. From dodgy claims to over-aggressive marketing, it is not surprising that many would avoid MLM companies and their brain-washed, zombie distributors like the plague (I have heard of friendships going awry). To be fair, I would say that sometimes, there are genuine products out there, just that ignorant distributors sometimes get a little over-zealous when trying to convince the consumer. This scenario is especially true in cases where health products are concerned. And unfortunately, as with all MLM marketing models, the price of products must be jacked up to support the "wealth generation" structure of the organization. The pyramid. Heh. Sometimes, I wonder why the supposedly miraculous products aren't sold on the open market for the benefit of all.

In my family's long history, we have only been involved with 2 direct-selling companies:
  1. Amway
  2. E. Excel

My parents used to be distributors for Amway, and I remember using some of the products as kid. Dishwashing liquid. Mosquito repellant. Stainless Steel Pots (still in use!). Car wax (surprisingly good). But we kinda grew out of it. But last year, I did get reaquainted with Amway. While I was window shopping in KLCC, some smart-ass by the name Joe stopped me, pretending to be someone I had met some time back. Being the gullible, nice guy that I was, I believed him (I am very bad with faces, and he was soooo convincing). So, I got suckered into listening to his stupid presentation about financial freedom through the wonders of e-commerce. At the end of it, I found it to be Amway2u.com. Shit. Anyway, I still keep his number, so that I can
reject the call in case he calls me out of the blue. And coincidently, an ex-colleague of mine fell for his trick too. Small world.

E. Excel is fairly new to my family. Just some years back, we were introduced to its concept of Nutritional Immunology. The founder's concept is that the body's own immune system is our secret to longevity and to tap into that super power, we must maintain and stimulate it via good nutrition. I've been taking some of their products for some time now and I do see an improvement if I take them regularly. But then, prices are steep and sometimes, we just don't eat right. But it does seem promising.

Before I end this post, let me share a little something an ex-colleague of mine told me during his visit to a Lamp Berger training session:

"It was enclosed room. They had two oil burners in there. The smell was overwhelming. I fainted. And by the time I came to, I saw many faces surrounding me. They announced that I was OK. The reason for my losing consciousness: The essential oil fumes were 'recalibrating' my body's health."

I guess sometimes, that's MLM for ya.

PS: Gosh, I was supposed to talk about E. Excel's 20th Anniversary do, and it turned out to be this. Next post. I promise It's skanky!

Comments

Janvier said…
We got conned by someone pretending to be an old acquaintance too! But we never had time to 'meet up' with him after giving him our number, haha! Didn't know he was with a MLM then.

We got freaked out since our first exposure - it's a church to money it is. Went a few times to see what goes on, and never went back since.
Anonymous said…
NOooo... i'm not parting with my $$$

*shoo MLMs away

:P
Anonymous said…
same as me..I'm not too`
famil said…
im as suckers for many of them. and keep on losing friends by this.
conan_cat said…
lol... me kinda go sick listening to MLMs and yeah, i'm 20 this year, i got friends younger than me asking me to join amway or lampe berger. personally i'm not a talker, not that guy who's so convincing that conned u to believe he's ur long lost friend (whoa must be real cun! XD) and therefore, me can't mlm haha.

my parents used to be amway worshippers too, and now they're acolytes of LoveMoon's Anion tampons. negative ions and stuff. lol
savante said…
Well it's up to you to believe after all :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
I know for sure Pyrex is good. They like last forever!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho