Low Down: Inuka and Omar. Chia and Kiat


collage
Swiped from williamnyk.
During my first day in Singapore, didn't spend much time with my dearest as KH's boss demanded that a stupid task be completed and tickets to a play were already bought beforehand. So let's just call it bad timing. Hoewever, it wasn't a total loss as it gave me a chance to meet my long lost friends Chia and Kiat whom I had not met in 4 years. They had recently gotten married and SK and I wanted to treat them to a meal since we both couldn't make it to their wedding as it clashed with our BKK trip. We met at the Singapore Zoo and we were an hour late (due to my zombie-ness in the last post). By the time we arrived in Mandai, Chia and Kiat were already waiting in the KFC (wonder what's with KFC and zoos). Chia had woken up at 7:00am to prepare egg mayo and sardine sandwiches-- just like old times in Form 6. Brings back nice memories.

It was a wet morning and we nearly abandoned our plan, but the rain let up so we did go in. We only paid for one ticket as a nice gentleman with a corporate entrance card let us tumpang him. Such a nice guy. The Singapore Zoo is really nice and green. Plenty of greenery. Clean and no unpleasent smells. The open zoo concept is fantastic. We didn't see everything as it started to rain again and we were quite tired. But all in all, we got to see some white bengal tigers (Omar!), parrots, otters, wild boars, spider monkeys, orang utans, baboons, kangaroos, emus, pygmy hippos, snakes, polar bears (Inuka!), penguins and elephants. We bid the animals goodbye and headed to City Hall. We stopped at TCC for coffee and cake. Excellent food and service, but quite expensive. Kiat ended up paying the bill, so SK and I still owe them a meal. Pengz.

Some random observations about Singaporeans:
  1. PDA among young couples is prevalent. Lotsa drama-drama. Clinging. Hugging.
  2. Teenage girls like to congragate on the floor. Reach any mall, and you'll see them having a pinic on the floor, minus the tikar mengkuang. So clean ar? See them enter the MRT, and they'll sit on the floor. I hope somebody stepped in dog poo that day.

SK and I met KH at 6:00pm and we were introduced to POD, James and Benji. They had hoped that we'd go for POD and Daniel's birthday BBQ but I declined. Wanted to spend more quality time with KH and I'm sure POD understood. For dinner, we headed to Ding Tai Fung. Always wanted to try that place, but I was quite disappointed. Should have went to Crystal Jade instead. However, all was not lost as the beef soup I ordered was excellent. Full of flavour and the slices of beef were marbled with fat, making each bite melt in your mouth. After dinner, we walked around City Link Mall a bit before calling it a day. Couldn't wait to get back home. :P. More in the sequel...

Comments

Imeku said…
KFC at the zoo? They get their supply from the zoo, I think.
Looks like it is a gourmet trip for you in Singapore.
Food! Glorious food!
Anonymous said…
Polar Bear?! O_O Wow!

Impressive... a definitely must visit place for me.
Pike-chan said…
I've been to the Night Safari one in SG... really interesting...
Ganymede said…
Awwww. You met the POD, James and Benji. I wanna see them again too...
Vengelyne said…
Your title was misleading. I thought Inuka, Omar, Chia and Kiat were the names of the animals you collage-d. :| Lol.
Fable Frog said…
imeku had a point, the meat could be from the dead animals in the zoo!! O.O but oh i lissed the chance to go to the zoo on my trip to SG in June~ phuh! after read your post i must go next time~!!
Anonymous said…
dear,how can u remember the names of those animals ?! Their face I also cant captured in my mind le.
William said…
@Imeku:
Elephant Burgers! Wohooo. Good food is always a must. :P

@JL:
Don't forget to see the Feeding Time at the Polar Bear enclosure.

@Pikey:
No time for that. Heard that it's good.

@QueerR:
U only wanna see James.

@Venge:
Haha. Good guess. But only 25% correct.

@FFrog:
Carrion Chicky Meal!

@SK:
Cannot remember meh?
justpurny said…
awww poor animals. they shouldnt be there.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho