Swiss Garden


SwissGarden
Swiped from williamnyk.
Every day, our contact information are mongered by our credit card companies, banks, etc, to mailing lists and marketing databases. These days, receiving calls, e-mails and snail mail is quite a gauntlet. One is bombarded with offers of loans, insurance policies, credit cards and everything under the sun. However, the most novel one I received so far was a call from the Swiss Garden Vacation Club. Apparently, I was "selected" from a list of 100 privileged customers to receive an absolutely free 3D/2N stay at Swiss Garden Hotel KL, Swiss Garden Resort & Spa Kuantan or Swiss Court Holiday Apartment Damai Laut. The catch- listen to a 45 minute presentation.

After receiving more than 4 calls to confirm my attendance, I arrived at the place on a Sunday evening (chose that slot because got food, hehe). Arrived there. Had my fill of the GARAM goreng mee-hoon, fried chicken, cakes and coffee. After half hour, still nobody attended to me. I whined. They sent some kid (with puppy eyes no less) over to present their marketing plan. Whole lot of time-share crap. Escalating costs of holidays. Thousands of hotels to choose from. Special offers. Bla, bla bla. Told the kid, not interested. The manager came. A real buxom Malay lady. Could practically see down her blouse. Not really a pretty sight. Revealed the price. Nearly 20k. Not interested. Not interested. Not interested. Not interested. Prepare me the free stay voucher please...

Got my voucher and I was outta there, So many restrictions. 3-month validity. Can only book from Thurday to Sunday. Sigh. But I did learn something useful from the whole presentation other than the time share concept- the crap hole that is Swiss Garden KL is actually 5-star. There.

Comments

famil said…
its so easy to get a 5 star cert here. as long as you have swimming pool, conference room and basic facilities (as stipulated by the guidances), you're good to go.
Little Prince said…
i'm due for a holiday... i so need it... BRING ME THAT VOUCHER!!!
;o)
and no... shopping didn't help... been spending money like breathing air... been buying more than 3k worth of clothes... and yet i'm down... down down... blah...
i wanna go for a holiday!!!
Derek said…
Erm ... I think you meant Sun to Thurs, not the other way round. Got difference one leh LOL

And bring me, bring me!
R said…
dream on guys
it's me he's bringing
William said…
@Famil:
Didn't know it's that minimal.

@TBoy, Derek, Daniel, Robb:
Sorry to disappoint guys, I'm bringing my mum!
Anonymous said…
I've got my free voucher, too, after listening to their 2 hours "lecture".:P
now am trying to book the room at swiss garden hotel. but seems like they malas to entertain me. anyone out there has really got his "free" rooms using that voucher? - Anna
William said…
The free room is just a ploy. Not sincere one la... I didn't use it.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho