Menoxidil


Sohon
Swiped from williamnyk.
While I was a wee young lad, I used to tape old "The Simpsons" episodes on VHS tapes and watch them over and over again. In one episode, I remember Homer got his hand on some Menoxidil (Springfield hair growth tonic) and it did wonders for him. He immediately became the office hunk and Burns even promoted him without realizing it was due to the hair. Everything was rosy, until of course he ran out of Menoxidil. This brings us to the sensitive topic of hair and balding. A subject that is close to the heart of many men (and some women as well). Hair is the symbol of youth and virility, and when you lose it, it really is quite devastating. People resort to combovers, toupes, hair plugs and of course "Menoxidil". However, reality's "Menoxidil" is not quite the silver bullet we see in Springfield, but something much less miraculous. In addition to medicine's Rogaine (purpotedly helps grow peach fuzz rather than hair), many hair care centers are sprouting out, peddling their own brand of "Menoxidil". Among the forefront are Yunnan, Sohon, 101 Hair and Svensons just to name a few.

Intro sudah separuh Kajang, so let me continue with the story. Back at the health fair that I went to, SK and my mother bought a RM48 Sohon hair treatment and hair spa voucher each. SK was kind enough to let me bum off her hair spa session so all 3 of us could go together. After numerous scheduling hiccups and annoying calls from their marketing people, we finally went.


Sohon Girl: Ms L ar? Can make it for the 8pm slot ar?
SK: But it's 7pm pm now. You siao ar?

Sohon Girl: Ms L ar? That day your appointment ar, actually that slot not available la? How about other day?
SK: If other day can I already schedule other day la! What are you people doing la?!
Sohon Girl: Sorry, but many of our staff on leave...
SK: Then why you let me book that slot?! Siao...


As expected, the usual marketing pitch-- a an examination followed by the usual "your follicles are blocked" story. Anyway, while my mum and SK had the treatments, I started with the hair spa immediately. A cursory examination of my scalp, and the staff immediately remarked how dry my scalp is. I guess they have to say something negative as part of their marketing strategy. I do have *a little* dandruff la... And I do shed quite a bit of hair, but luckily I still have a mop of unruly hair. Some kind of conditioner was applied on the hair ends and my whole head was shrink-wrapped and toweled. Then came the heat. At the end of it, my hair was baby-soft. A welcome touch for my twice-dyed hair. Some of hair ends are already peeling and splitting... ugh. I don't think I'll dye again this year. Got to let my hair heal. Got to take it easy.

Comments

savante said…
Oh, your poor abused hair :P
Little Prince said…
chiew... i was hoping that you are growing bald... LOL... how anti climax... hahaha...
MrBunnyBan said…
I also thought you were balding. :P Color color some more lar, heh... going for the Xavier look.
Ryan said…
Hate to disappoint you dear, but hair is DEAD. No amount of hair repair cream/conditioner/tonic can ever recover it to its former glory because, well, it isn't alive.

Only one thing to do, and it's none other than the good ol' *snip* *snip*!
William said…
Korang ni teruk la. Semua ingat aku ni nak botak.

My hair grows pretty fast, just a couple more haircuts and all the colour will nearly be gone. And as long as I don't mess with it, should be back to normal liao...

Xavier-illuminated?
Anonymous said…
i just bought the same voucher ...and your story makes me worry on the booking sessions...which sohon u went to?
William said…
Times Square. Good luck. :)
Anonymous said…
Its me..tried the first time...not bad....service kinda good...i went to Mid Valley....

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho