Y.E.S.

Yes, it's the Year End Sale
again and it sure beats the crappy National Day Sales last August. Haven't had the chance to do some real heavy duty shopping (just an odd hour here and there) and I've already bought 2 work shirts from G2000, the house of "affordable", "tailored" business wear. Love their colours. Got one in Lavender (light purple) and Grenadine (orangey-pink). I think. Also bought a casual short-sleeved shirt from Chiemsee (some unknown surfer brand to me). Red and orange checked, either very Cristmas-sy or very CNY-eee or as Niel would say, perhaps Chinko-eee. I'm still looking for a pair of casual shoes. Saw a decent pair in Primavera, but I'll take Niel's advice and check out Zara first, if the price is right (but I doubt it). Bought some undies for fun. I notice I do that a lot recently.

Anyhoo, my first trip was to MV and that proved to be a simple affair. Found a parking space within 1 minute of entering P2. Amazing, isn't it? Christmas deco was all up. Recycling is in aparently. The same leafless trees keep turning up, only with a fresh coat of paint. Oh well. The second trip was to Sunway Pyramid. The jam was from the LDP right to the turn in to the basement parking. Total chaos. The traffic lights were ignored. Must be the infernal combinaton of school holidays, crass consumerism for the yuletide season and the lure of discounts, discounts and more discounts. I was prepared to pay more by parking at the hotels, but those were bloody full too. I ended up opposite the highway, parked in the mosque behind the Caltex station! Trudged across the pedestrian bridge. So desperate. Hmm, what's next? Bukit Bintang or KLCC? But I don't think I have the time. Bah.

PS: Niel's not my personal stylist. :P
PPS: Mel o Mel, remember your so-called 3-hour Xmas shopping excursion to MV only to leave empty-handed? Hehe.

Comments

just me said…
Shopping ...all for yourself only meh?
So you like loud colours!
Little Prince said…
DAMNIT someone beat me to being kiasu!!!
i haven't had time to shop for myself yet...
bought a steam iron thou... HAHAHAHAHA...
yes those in the shop... HAHAHAHAHA... so lazy to iron me...
mmm... so you mean celina looks young in my shoot... why of CUZ! naturally anything i touch turns young... LOL
Anonymous said…
woits... you can never beat that whole fiasco.. hehe.. haven't yet really shopped for christmas, maybe i'll catch up with it back in Pg... hmm was that in 2002 when i dragged your sorry butt across MV?..
Unknown said…
hey will...
long time no see... huhuhu...
thanx for the well wishes.
thompsonboy said…
honey, shoes in zara are top price...forget it...unless its ubber fabulous...I only go to Isetan and Metrojaya for shoes.

As for G2K....grrrr......
savante said…
How did you get parking there dammit!
Vengelyne said…
I've not gone to MV for more than half a year. The traffic jam leading to the parking area is ridiculous and I've totally no patience for it.

Pyramid is getting bad, too what with the decrease in parking lots to make way for the construction of Pyramid 2.

And for a guy, you sure shop a lot. More than me, too. Hah!
Derek said…
Whoo! I want to go shopping too when I am back. I am a new fan of G2000 when I bought 3 shirts in the middle of this year.

How much are they selling for in KL? Should I buy it in KL? Hmmm, being kiasu, kiasu ... LOL

FOr those striped / dhoby ones, it's 75 dollars for 2 here. Plain/solid colours going for 50 for 2.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho