Towards Three


marriot-tiramisu-macro
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
Last Monday, I celebrated my 26th birthday. Past 25, I can't help but think it's a downhill tumble to 30 and beyond. But then, I'm just being a bit dramatic. Looking back, I wonder I've achieved after a quarter of a century on this earth.

I didn't:
1) Come up with a new internet protocol that would've revolutionsized cyberspace
2) raise USD3,000,000 for underprivileged children in third world countries
3) have a tumultuous love life that was ridden with sordid side-affairs
4) start a cult

I did:
1) finish school
2) get a job
3) spread some love for family and friends
4) find some spiritual direction

Time well-spent, or time down the drain? It has brought me to where I am today. Who knows what will tomorrow bring. Enough of this self-reflection and philosophical. Let's move on to the festivities. This year's birthday was kinda like the past years-- Cake, dinner, hooker. Standard fare. OK, ignore the sex for cash bit. Instead of eating out, this year my mum whipped up a home-cooked meal. Doubled as a get-together with my sis and bro-in-laws. Some special dishes. Red Wine Chicken with Mee Suah and Brandy Chicken Wings (SK's recipe). After dinner was dessert, yes you guessed it, birthday cake. A tiramisu from Marriot, Putrajaya. Not quite like the one at Alexis. Celebration with friends was done over the weekend, before the big day. Had lunch with Swell Mel at Melaka St., SS2. Nice place for nyonya food (I dunno if it's authentic, but it's quite good). I recommend the mango kerabu. She got me a nice Braun Buffel leather wallet. Sweet. On Sunday, SK treated me to a facial (a creative gift! I'll blog about this later) and dinner at Cheras. Roadside steamed fish head near Payathin Foodcourt (don't ask me why it's called that). Not recommended. Sorry SK. :). In addition, she got me a bedsheet. A good birthday. How time flies... Sigh...

chickenwings

prezzies

Comments

thompsonboy said…
Older none the wiser? Yeah yeah yeah yeah...I am younger than youuuuuuuu
Vengelyne said…
I was going to email you last week and ask you how the birthday celebration was, particularly the hooker part. =P

Remember what I said about sex sells? *winks winks*
Anonymous said…
I guess its the half full/half empty syndrome then... at least i can still tick the 20-25 check box.. hahaha..
Anonymous said…
Hey Happy Birthday. Aging isn't all that bad if you know where you're heading. We all become a bit more sophisticated and less complicated. Older people know what they want...
William said…
@TBoy:
Rub it in, rub it in... sniff, sniff. Wiser? All my wisdom tooth are out, does that count?

@Venge:
No hooker, nobody jumping out of a giant brthday cake...

@Mel:
Not for long, not for long... :D

@Romeo:
Thanks for dropping by. Older people want Botox, face lifts and younger sex partners. Hehe.
Anonymous said…
Hey Will

A belated happy birthday to you ... *hugs*

I know it's cliche ... but age is just a number. It's all in your mind. ;P
William said…
Thanks. Only in my mind. Only in my mind. Only in my mind.
Jaded Jeremy said…
"Past 25, I can't help but think it's a downhill tumble to 30 and beyond."

I disagree. It's all downhill after 20 ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho