Putrajaya Nights


Jambatan Seri Wawasan (?)
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
After many months of futile scheduling, I finally had dinner with KK and Cla on a Saturday. KK suggested Putrajaya Lake Club for the food and scenery. We agreed since he said he would drive, woohoo! We arrived around eight, and found the place bustling. According to KK, that was abnormal. Bad sign. Walking in, I found that we were the only Chinese there, sesatlah katakan. However, we ended up not eating there, because during the fasting month, the only thing available at night is the Ramadan buffet. Not wanting to subject ourselves through serving after serving of sambal, lemak or curry, we decided to switch venue. There isn't much choice really. Nothing much else for miles around. Practically a ghost town at night. The only logical choice was Alamanda. Ended up eating at Cozy Corner. The food is decent, mainly western and local delights. I ordered "Baked Seafood In Shell". I thought they had mixed up my order because it suspiciously looked like "Baked Crab in Shell" as the shell they used was none other than a crab shell. I triple-confirmed before digging in. I also ordered borscht (I prefer Kim Gary's). Strangely it looked like alphabet soup. I tried to spell "FUCK", but I gave up after a while. Cla's treat. Another woohoo! One thing I have to mention though, the staff are not very good. Perhaps it was buka puasa rush hour, but the place looked like a hurricane had hit it and one the waiters kept on dropping plates and utensils. One unlucky diner got splashed with ice water. Risk it if you're in the vicinity. Heh.

After dinner, we went off to the Sri Wawasan bridge (I think that's what its called)). Out of the seven bridges in Putraya, it's the most impressive one. A skewed, purple cable bridge. Upon reaching, we had the sesat feeling again. Most cars were stopped at the side of the road, couples all staring across the lake towards Putrajaya mosque. Some quietly holding hands, some hands more active than others. I whipped out my trusty digi cam and only managed to get some shaky night photos. I failed to capture the nocturnal mating habits of indigenous mammals in the bushes below the bridge. Hmph. Before calling it a night, we stopped at KTZ, Citrus Park. I ordered a "Double-boiled Honey Dew and Gingko Nuts". Very nice and soothing. I failed to psyche Cla into ordering supper. Seems that his days of "Em, roti telur, mee kari dan teh tarik. What are you guys ordering?" are over. Slowing down, watching what we eat... Dah kes serius ni...

Comments

thompsonboy said…
I know Putrajaya at the back of my hand...next time I suggest you try the Cruise Tasek...but I am unsure if they run on just one booking, imagine dining and cruising the whole place on water. Having said that, did you manage to see the Justice Dept building? that's my fav. Looks great at night. The same person who designed it did Shangri-la Putrajaya..which oh btw, have u been there?

Next time, ask me out for a date. Sungguh!
William said…
Like the back of your hand? How come? Cruise? I know of a Belimbing Cruise. RM80 a pop. Justice Dept? At Precint 2? Shangri-La, no. Marriot, yes.

Treat me to Zipangu. :D
thompsonboy said…
Marriot is a waste of time. It's tacky beyond words.

Eh, I am a lady. You should be treating me. Hmmph!
William said…
Oh, ampunilah daku. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho