Dehydration


Dehydration
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
In the picture, you see a framed glass vial. In that vial is ashes. And you know what? It's supposed to be art. I snapped the photo of this piece of art at an exhibition themed "Water and the Environment". Just below the frame is a plaque explaining the artist's vision. According to the plaque, the artist drew a sketch of running water on a piece of paper. The artist then burnt it and put the ashes into the vial. The concept of this piece of art is "dehydration".--the removal of water through heat. It's supposed to show the fragility of our water supply and create a play between art and science.

Does it make any sense to you?

I'm sure the sketch of running water was very nice.

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
Bah. Too much Children's Cartoon "Morale of the Story" for me. Give me expression of a feeling or sheer beauty and I'll be more inclined to be impressed.
Anonymous said…
I would be more impressed if it was fire burning on water and the water dissipates slowly. LOL

Sigh, nowadays anything can be art.

Have a good and long weekend ;P

P/S Can't find your contact. Can u pls email me? Thanks.
carpe diem said…
This is art! And I get an F for drawing some real stuff

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho