See You in the Water II


a a a h h h ! ! !
Originally uploaded by Aelle.
My second lesson didn't go too well. This time round, a new instructor, by the name of Gary. Nothing to say about him, except the fact that he ignored after my 45 minutes were up, unlike Roland. So berkira. :P. I was taught the stroke favoured by Kermits everywhere. I started with just the legs. Even then, I couldn't quite get it right. Apparently, my kicks aren't forceful enough to propel me in a decent manner. And when they were hard enough, I tended to move diagonally rather than straight ahead. Pressing his luck, Gary decided to teach me the arm movements as well to see whether I could work it out. But no, I couldn't coordinate myself yet. Haven't quite found my balance.

Any tips?

Comments

Vengelyne said…
Sorry, dude, I can't help you. I suck at water activities. Learned swimming at 5 for a year and I can't swim for nuts till now.

I'd drown if anyone were to throw me into a pool.

I wouldn't even put on my swimming costume because the flabs all over me embarrass me too much. :-s
Zemien said…
Don't worry, I only got the leg coordination after 2 lessons. And the arm coordination took 2 more lessons. And finally the leg AND arm coordination took 3 lessons. Oh, and I forgot that learning how to time your breathing (instead of drinking pool water) took many lessons as well.

Which means, I only learnt Kermit style after the semester. And that's the ONLY style I know so far. Looking for cute instructors to give me more "hands-on" training :P
William said…
@Venge:
Water activities can include bathing, taking a shower, drinking water, watering flowers....

And you think I have toned bod to show at the pool?! Haha.

@Zeem:
Yikes! Need so much time. But at least you have set a precedence for me.

Good luck looking for "cute" instructors!
Kl Shopaholique said…
zemien so terer.. i still cant coordinate my legs, arms and breathing for freestyle, even after 1,2,3...er.. 10 yrs! if tahan nafas can lah. in the end, i just stick to breast stroke.

move diagonally. hehe. cute.

good luck for the next class!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho