See You in the Water I


Truly Madly Deeply
Originally uploaded by eyecatcher.
I finally enrolled for swimming lessons at Bukit Jalil Golf Resort. Cost me MYR294.00 (plus tax, no less) for 12 lessons. Entah kena fleece ke apa, but it's the nearest to my place. I went for the 5:00pm lesson and oh, boy, the sun was blazing. I think I caught too much sun, sore throat the next day. Roland's the name of my instructor-- a really tanned uncle (I know some of my readers would be sorely disappointed). I was issued a green plastic card. Green as in inexperienced. Lessons started by asking me standard questions of whether I have any experience, afra
id of the water (in case I struggle mightily and rip his eyeballs out in the process), yadda, yadda, yadda.

Too familiarise me in the water, he started by asking me kneel and submerge my face into the water whilst blowing bubbles of air. First the face, then the ears, then the whole head. I got the hang of that pretty quickly, with just one gulp of water to date. That progressed to letting my knees float up. And finally to float and propel myself a bit and let the water take me. I couldn't balance at first, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. The lessons lasted longer than published and they do encourage you to stay longer to practice, which is cool. But the crowd sets in the later it gets. I hope this course works for me-- I'm not exactly very co-ordinated and my last attempt at the pool was a disaster (my colleagues who were supposed to teach me expected that I'd learn to swim if I soaked in the pool long enough. I ended freezing my ass off due to inactivity).

Well, see you in the water! (the ubiquituous slogan of the swimming class).

Comments

Zemien said…
Hey! those are the exact same stuff i did for my first 2 lessons!

Except i paid RM10 for about 20 lessons.

Guess it's an indirect way for you to pay for all those fantastic free dinners. I'm mean, aren't I?
William said…
Yes, you've confirmed it-- I've been had. But seems that someone has been drinking way too much unsweetened grape juice lately... ;P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho