Little Grasshopper


At rest
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
It's been ages since I've actually seen a live grasshopper. The one I photographed is either high or half-dead as I could get really close and it wouldn't even bat an eyelid, ... compound eye membrane or whatever.

The memories of terrorizing grasshoppers as a kid all come flooding back to me:
1) Whack them with flying slippers
2) Immobilize them, then put them in the midst of scavenging kerengga who literally tear them to bits
3) Helping my bro stir fry them in a pan

Those were the days. I wonder what kids play with these days?

Comments

Harvey said…
I think kids nowadays would be shooting and slaughtering zoombies and vampires in video games. Oh, this reminds me the time when I gave Mr Snail a surgery.
William said…
Ohh, OR material. I only give snails salt baths. See them squirm and shrink!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho