VCD-like DVDs

Even though the DVD has come to replace the near-obsolete VCD, I've noticed that I've retained my VCD-watching habits even with the DVD. What I mean is that I tend to watch a movie over the span of two days. With VCD, one movie equalled two discs. If the movie is boring, we can always stop at disc 1, and revisit disc 2 tomorrow. No need to remember the time where we stopped. However, with the DVD, one movie is just one disc, but I find myself still needing 2 days to finish one. However, now I have to remember where I stopped (the scene function isn't very helpful at times), or rely on the player's memory (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't). I can't even finish one movie in one sitting, I'm wondering how some people can finish one whole TVB series in a weekend.

Anyway, I finished watching two movies yesterday. Firstly, Date Movie. I found it very entertaining. Very good use of music. The use of Kelis' "Milkshake" at the opening dance sequence (think Austin Powers) was perfect. Not forgetting The Pussy Cat Dolls "Don't Cha" at the Sophie Monk (she does a mean Elle Driver) entrance scene and the cat lady's (miang giler muka dia) muy romantico dinner with Jinxers. I loved it.

The second movie was "The Nun". It seemed promising at first, but forgettable. Reminded me of those straight-to-video horror stuff.

Comments

William said…
Thanks. Especially coming from a writer. In what sense may I ask?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho