TGIF


IMG_1432
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
Napkin
Mum's birthday bash started off at Amarin Heavenly Thai, MidValley Megamall. The big SIX ZERO. When we were young, we often think of aging as a distant process that doesn't really affect us. But recently, I've recently admitted that I'm really relatively "old" and with this fact, my mum would definitely be "older". She has really aged, but gracefully. Really should spend more quality time with her.

Back to the food review. Amarin's a nice place. Never crowded. Lotsa wood, ambient lighting. Simple decor. Managed by S.E.A Cuisine Sdn Bhd. They operate more than 10 different Thai restaurants around town. Had a shock when I looked at their business card.
Entrance
I for one over-ordered. The waiter wasn't very helpful in telling me that we had ordered too much. But then, it was a table of six and there were four guys. Apparently we all had small appetites. We forgot to factor in the mixed appetizer platter and the spicy beef salad, in addition to the other main dishes.
Mixed Appetizer PlatterWe had green curry, asparagus with prawns, beancurd with hot basil leaves (looked more like burnt curry leaves), duck with thai sauce (wanted to order the naked duck, but the waiter convinced me otherwise. Kinda like the naked duck, but clothed. :P) and Tom Yam (Talay, Goong -- on hindsight, should've shared the portions) and Tom Gha Kai.

The food was good, but a little too overpowering for my palate. Went around MV for a bit after dinner. Decided against watching a movie (the crowd and no good movie to watch). Headed home to stuff our faces more. A 1kg Chocolate Hazelnut cake, red wine and red eggs (compliments of SK)! The party ended at midnight. At 12:05 am, I remembered that I didn't pass my mum the birthday card I got her.... recycle?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho