Ice Kacang Puppy Love

Note: A bit of a mix up, this comes before yesterday's post. :P

On Sunday afternoon after mass, Sis, my BIL and Cyan joined us for lunch. They had planned to watch Aniu's Ice Kacang Puppy Love at Tropicana City Mall, so we agreed that the lunch venue be there as well. After walking around a bit, we settled on Santini. A restaurant under the San Francisco Steakhouse family. Three of 'em in a row sharing the same kitchen-- Western, Italian and Thai. The food at Santini is reasonably-priced and quite yummy. We ordered some set lunches at only MYR14.90. One gets one main, bottomless fizzy drink and a choice of coffee, soup or salad. Of all that we tried, the Capellini Salmon with Cream was the best. The brocolli soup kinda got a bit bitter when cold. Their lava cake is also superb. At MYR18 you get chocolate of high quality. However, their chocolate gelato was a super let down. Tasted like Kings. So many ice crystals inside. Ish.

iPhone1

At the end of lunch, and 5 refills of iced orange juice later, my BIL complained that his back problem had worsened (he pulled a muscle palying badminton the night before). Hence, he gave us his movie tickets. Rushed up to buy an extra ticket. Luckily they had one seat right behind the original two seats. I did not have much expectation for the movie. Turned out to be OK for a directorial debut. I think I only laughed twice during the movie, but then, it isn't a comedy. A small town love story. I like the cinematography and art direction. The choose a beautiful location. Tronoh if I'm not mistaken. A really small town. Several cameos, but I was kinda surprised that one's face gets to be on the billboard for a 20 second appearance.

We got home in time to send my brother to the budget terminal. By the time we got home, it was time for dinner. Stopped at the nearby food court, Restoran Chew Yang for some chicken satay, claypot loh shi fun, stewed pork and soup noodles. A non-stop Sunday! Luckily I'm on replacement leave on Monday!

Comments

Gratitude said…
With a movie title like that, I just couldn't be bothered to go watch. Santini's nice.
+Ant+
Anonymous said…
thats very reasonably priced, somemore with bottomless drink wor :)
i heard that movie actually is quite a hit!
Jaded Jeremy said…
The movie's so-so only? I nearly watch it.
TZ said…
Santini... I been to their happy hour beer drinking session... It's value for money :p
William said…
@Grat:
Not that bad la. Haha. Better than Jack Neo's "Where Got Ghost". My first time at Santini.

@Happy:
Malays also go watch.

@JJ:
In SG got ah?

@TZ:
Ooooo...
Bengbeng said…
envy you, one more day of rest
Mr.D said…
local movie productions are getting better, i enjoyed tiger wohoo, this one not yet watch~
William said…
@Beng2:
Hehe. Well-deserved!

@MrD:
I think it's better than Tiger Woo-Hoo.
Derek said…
That's the point of cameo what ... the super famous people appear for less than a minute then the movie poster can claim they are in the movie!
William said…
I find it stupid. And Nicholas Teo is NOT super famous.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho