Exam Rewards

Sat for my exam again on Monday (replacement leave for Labour Day. :)) and I passed with flying colours. Hehe. The questions did not quite repeat, but still I managed. I have now officially upgraded to a Microsoft Certified Professional Developer for .NET Framework 3.5. Does that mean I get paid more? No. :(. SK waited for me at a nearby cafe and after I broke the good news to her, we immediately headed for The Gardens for some shopping. I had my eyes set on a pair of Democrata shoes, but it turns out that they're too narrow at the toe. That wasn't a problem, as its neighbour brand immediately caught my eye. Tried on a pair of J Shoes and liked it on the spot. Much cheaper and that is good seeing how I had thrown MYR300 down the drain last week.

Next stop, Braun Buffel. SK stopped to buy a beautiful dark maroon wallet for KH. Much better than the boring black.

Moi: Why are you buying the wallet?

SK: Haiyah. I paiseh he bought the VS for me ma...

Moi: Then why you ask him to buy for you in the first place? I buy for you. You buy for me. What's the point?

SK: Everyone happy lo.


Haha. Quite hard to argue with that logic. Hehe. Buy a wallet and you get two bottles of mineral water free. How... rewarding. I would have preferred 10% off.

Then we headed back to Robinsons to shop for a friend's birthday in May. We managed to reverse out my previous shoe bill and combine the purchases to get an extra MYR30 voucher and two free potpourri boxes. Bought some nail products for mum with that. Having finished our shopping list, we headed to Restoran Ah Loy for tea time as we were both feeling hungry (the porridge for lunch had been digested!). Ordered some YTF and economy noodles doused with thick curry gravy. Lovely. That concludes my day out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It wouldn't be an update if not followed by some eating-out post huh? ^_^

and congrats for passing the exam.....
Anonymous said…
Congrats! yeah at the end everyone happy lor, though me and my good fren belong to the lazy group, we made a pack-deal, not to buy bday pressie for each other :P
the viennamese said…
Buy wallet, free mineral water? I don't see the connection here... unless the water bottles were made of leather. o.O
Gratitude said…
Evann@ Will forgot to mention that the 2 bottles were redeemable at the nearest petrol kiosk! wakakaka
+Ant+
William said…
@MCC:
LOL. You have noticed the trend. Thanks.

@Happy:
Thanks! Hahahaha. Make life easier hor?

@Evann:
Perhaps the water was recycled from the tanning process. :P

@Grat:
I should see what my Smiles Points can redeem!
plainjoe said…
for 50 bucks worth of petrol, you can get a 1.5 litre of drinking water.

and you can redeem petrol with your Smiles points.

Kudos on the exams!
Bengbeng said…
some nail products for mum -> wow yr mum still so hip
Derek said…
The wallet looks brown in the picture le!
William said…
@PlainJoe:
A fan of Esso? :). Thanks.

@Beng2:
A woman can always paint her nails regardless of age. :)

@Derek:
My dear, that's not the wallet, that's the paper bag!
plainjoe said…
Not a fan but since there are at least three Esso kiosks on my usual route home, hence the Smiles and in-depth infos. =P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho