Computer Problems

Note: Strong language ahead. Children below 5 should be accompanied by a guardian.

Citibank Online is nuts. It doesn't let me log in although I key in the correct password.

Information not recognized

F*ck you. (pardon my French)

Information not recognized

F*ck you.

Information not recognized

F*ck you.

Three subsequent "failed" attempts and my account isn't locked. How cool is that? This is my third time encountering such a situation. During the last two times, I reset the password with my ATM pin. At first, I thought that perhaps I was forgetful, but this time I documented the password well and no way it's my mistake.

And so, I did some testing. During the password reset, I purposely keyed in my known password as the new password. And you know what I get?

You new password cannot be same as the current password

F*ck you.

And when I present these facts to their support staff, they treat me like an idiot. I have 7 years of IT testing experience you idiots! Stop giving me lame-ass generic answers. After several strongly-worded replies, they finally relented and asked me to contact their technical support for a walkthrough. You know what? The extension doesn't exist.

F*ck you.

Sigh. Finally, I called their customer service and complained. Turns out that their cyptic Information not recognized message can also mean that you account is locked. Greeeeeeatttttttttt. I just bloody reset the password. I will get them yet!!!

Comments

Al said…
Sometimes, it really is so hard for them to just accept that their system sucks.. That their programming has a lot of glitches.

password issue and they're asking you to contact tech support? the hell?!
Little Dove said…
You are a very expressive man.
William said…
@Al:
Hi. Thanks for dropping by. I'll monitor the situation closely. Hehe.

@LittleD:
You like my francais? :P

@Spin:
Customer service. Or lack of it. :P
Lucas said…
Calm down Will... If u've encountered this problem multiple times... U shud go to ur branch and request a meeting with the branch manager to express ur discomfort, it's a waste of time talking to them on the phone... Or you can consider switching banks, although I'm not sure if the others are any better...
Danny said…
poor thing...
i dun really use those online banking stuff.. cos really bad with IT.. just in case tersalah tekan anything...lol ;p
the viennamese said…
Technology does give you quite a bite in the ass doesn't it? :P
Pike-chan said…
Time to close the account at that bank...
Ash Godiva said…
is online banking always like that??:(
deeperanddeeper said…
"F*ck you"?

Information not recognized.
William said…
@Lucas:
Talking to the branch manager would be useless. They have no power over a centralized system.

@JJ:
I heard that Singapore's online banking is not as canggih as Malaysia's!

@Danny:
What could go wrong? The worst that could happen is you transfer all your money to me. ;)

@Evann:
Can I bite technology back?

@Pikey:
But I love Citibank! :P

@CountA:
Actually it's quite reliable. Just that sometimes you get downtime.

@DnD:
You want the uncensored version? :P
Mr.D said…
sabar sabar, nanti kita pergi molotov itu bank.
said…
citibank huh? then maybe i should not open an account there
William said…
@Darren:
Some kid got hauled to court for mentioning "molotov" on his FB account. :S

@L2:
A savings account at Citibank? Macam orang kaya ni...
Gratitude said…
so garang. Must be the weather! :P
+Ant+
Janvier said…
Kesian! Can't seem to catch a break with customer service ever, ya?
William said…
@Grat:
Very "vinegar". Haha.

@Janvier:
Have to check my Bazi.
Mark said…
Oh, it might just be me, but I'm detecting just A TAD of aggression here.

Yes/no? =P
Be patient. Scolding "F*ck you" many times would not help much to solve your problems. Cool down, man!
William said…
@Mark:
What to do, not getting laid like you. :P

@RMDS:
I feel better after cursing them. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho