Southbound II: Kawaii Waiters, Daemons & Bitch-slapping Ang Mohs


collage
Swiped from williamnyk.
Continued from here...

Although I arrived in Singapore earlier this time, I still didn't get to sleep early. The need to be close to each other is still as strong as ever; even more so that we are usually apart for more than a month. Nothing skanky though, as we were both tired from the long day. We slept in as we didn't have any immediate plans on Saturday morning. This trip was more relaxing as we weren't rushing here and there. We had more time to enjoy each other's company and just move at a slower pace. By 9:00am I was already up as the sun was shining through the windows. KH was still asleep. The lazy pig was nestled in bed with the comforter. Always one to sleep in and laze in bed. I watched KH for a while. A cute scene. Feeling a bit restless, I read a bit of Stardust, then went online.

At 10:00am, KH was already up, beckoning me to the bed. I love morning kisses. :). After making up lost time, we freshened up and left the house to meet Jaded Jeremy for lunch at a Japanese restaurant in Suntec City (Honmahru I think). Had a fantastic sashimi bento set with an extra side of salmon belly and cute waiter (very Japanese as well! Love his tousled hair!). It was my first time meeting Jeremy. Previously, our contact was limited to e-mails and sms-es. If you read SK's blog, he's described as a "cute uncle". Hehe. KH usually descibes him as funny. And they would call each other strange. Oh well.

An easy person to get along with. We immediately clicked. Going on and on about Bleach and Naruto and that left KH in a daze. Having our fill of the fresh fish and fresh meat, we went to Marina Square. Jeremy checked out some used CDs and manga figurines, while I managed to buy my new scadalously-orange swim trunks (thanks, dear!) at Bods Bodynits and a little something for QueerR. Next stop, Orchard. Bought my replacement umbrella (crippled during my BKK trip) and some scrumptious 1A currypuffs at Taka. Met SK and Khiam at The Paragon later. We hung out at our favourite section in the men's department-- men's basic and later helped Jeremy pick out a work shirt.

At 6:45, we watched The Golden Compass (my Daemon is a kawaii waiter!) with Benji and James. Didn't appeal to me. KH's crazy about the book, but the movie leaves a lot to be desired. I'll not bother to bash it here, you can read about it at Janvier, Adrien or KH's blog. But I must say one thing-- being the King of the Ice Bears is no fun-- you still have to do everything yourself! To kill time before our next stop, we had drinks at TCC. James ordered something really weird-- sirap ros + coffee. Definitely an acquired taste. And of course, we camwhored a lot!

To avoid paying the cover charge, we rushed over to Play, Tanjong Pagar before 11:00pm. At first Jeremy didn't want to join as it was past his bedtime (hehe), but after some persuasion from me and SK, he agreed! Yay! After getting stamped, we went back out the Maxwell Food Court for a little supper. Had some dumplings and we were back in the club. I was taking in the whole atmosphere, being the club virgin that I was. Loud music. Cranberry juice and vodka. The crowd. The open concept male urinals. The love seats at the back. The noted absence of ciggie smoke (thank goodness for anti-smoking regulations). By 12:00am, the dance floor was starting to fill up. Space had become a hot commodity.

I must admit that I have no rhythm in my bones. But with KH at my side, I managed to let loose (I don't think the alcohol was THAT strong) a bit. Danced with our hands on each other. Our own world. As the night went on, there was more to see. An ang moh and his local counterpart danced on the podium. All eyes were on him with his low neckline and smooth moves. As I was feeling that I was losing some hearing, KH, SK, Jeremy and I went out for a breather. Not long after that, the foreigner and his partner come out of the club too, arguing about money and bitch-slapping each other! Right up to the middle of the road divider. Passing vehicles honked at them, but they were oblivious to the traffic-- too busy tearing at each other's clothes.

The night ended at around 2:00am. Fell into bed with my ears still ringing. But it felt good. :).

IMG_7498

... to be continued ...

Comments

J.L said…
Why gor never upload the waiter pics? photos speaks louder
Little Prince said…
yea... sometimes... i don't want to read you know. like i'm blonde!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Yah, the waiter is cute and you got him to thank for as I ogled at him to past the time while waiting for you guys. KH didn't think he's cute. See? He's strange what ;-)

I believed one of funniest episodes was the "literal" enlightenment KH had...twice! That was so damn funny man, especially the second time around.
savante said…
No need to rush. Take a slower time. Hee hee.

Went to bed with ears ringing. hee hee.
Anonymous said…
I owes love reading abt your encounters, they make me feel like thre is still such thing as love and romance...
William said…
@Chester:
Haha, takde lar.

@DanielH:
Legally Blonde!

@JJ:
So kawaii!!! Oh yeah! Forgot about the enlightenment bit!!!

@Savante:
:P
Jason said…
Ooo... sounds like fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho