Southbound I: Early Christmas


e 023
Swiped from shimmertje.
It's not even a week yet and I'm already posting about my trip to KH-land? Amazing, huh? Oh well. When you feel like shitting, do go to the toilet, or it might result in irregular bowel movement. Hell, I think it applies to blogging too. So here goes. Primary objective: Spend time with KH before we go bonkers. Secondary objective: Christmas shopping and the famous Orchard Street decor.

Went down to Singapore with SK on Friday afternoon after a very early office Christmas gift exchange at RedBox Ria, Sogo. We went with the Secret Santa concept. Budget-- minimum MYR20.00. Got my colleague a designer key-chain. It's basically a metallic pig with a screw-on tail. Sorry, no pic. And in exchange for my early shopping troubles, I got a wine cooler. Quite useful when it comes to boozing at SK's. :P. And my colleague from Myanmar, Phyoe, threw in a Japanese fortune cat charm and a greeting card for everyone. My songlist for the day:
  • Theresa Teng's What Will You Say -- dueted with my colleague complete with hand gestures
  • The Carpenter's Yesterday Once More -- they didn't have my favourite Goodbye To Love
  • Cyindi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun -- complete with nasal voice
  • ???'s Total Eclipse of the Heart -- a cover version by a HK artiste
  • ???'s Cross My Heart -- also complete with cheesy hand gestures
  • Rihanna's Umbrella -- Ella Ella Ella Eh Eh Eh


After lunch, I went over to meet SK at Puduraya. The journey took more than 6 hours due to the rain and the jam at the causeway. On the way there, we were entertained by a Thai movie about a kickboxer who goes to the United States to rescue his elephant "relatives". Fighting all the way. I just don't get what a transvestite underworld crime lord would want with elephant bones. Passed by Geylang on the way to Jalan Sultan and SK and I both noticed the Gay World Hotel although the sign was quite small. XD. By the time we arrived, KH was nearly separa pengsan from tiredness and hunger. Sweet of KH to wait for us for dinner.

Dinner was at Lai Lai Family Restaurant at Bugis. They specialize in Taiwanese beef noodles. Didn't try it however. Ordered their dinner set of stewed beef tendons, fried squid with acar, Oyster Sauce and Rice Wine Kailan, herbal chicken soup and milk tea. As it was getting late, KH and I took a cab to Kallang MRT to get back to KH's place, while SK continued on to Geylang Bahru to bunk with an ex-schoolmate.

... to be continued ...

PS: It seems that the Christians in Myanmar have a tradition of wishing each other "Sweet December" on the 1st of December.

Comments

David The Man said…
Wah... you are going down south to Singaypore again to visit KH? It's been only a week you are in Magaysia since your previous recent trip to KH-Land. We the Boleh-lander bloggers start to miss you again leh... hehehe... do come back with some nice photo pics and gifts, yeah? And also don't forget to go shopping there! I love the Christmas mood and environment over there!
Cheryl said…
wine cooler......... quick quick buy wine and let's party!
nyonyapenang said…
hey, i was in the little red dot on Friday too. you did not see me waving at you meh? :)
Little Prince said…
you are such a singapore whore!
hahaha
Ganymede said…
I wanna see KH too... :(
J.L said…
ya. gor i want see kh. hehehe
Will said…
I wanna meet KH and see what all the fuss is about (he sure has a sexy voice tho)
Jason said…
Is KH coming back for Christmas? :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
Yesterday Once More is better than Goodbye To Love lah. The latter is just so sad.
William said…
@DavidTM:
It's the same trip la...

@Cheryl:
Hehe. Bring the wine.

@NyonyaP:
Betul ke?!

@DanielH:
Singa-whore.

@QueerR: @Chester:
You'll get to see him soon enough.

@Will:
Hehehe. Next year perhaps?

@Jason:
Yes, he is.

@JJ:
That's why I love it...

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho