Reclaim My Weekends II

Mum wasn't at home last weekend, gone gallavanting to a fundraiser in Kulai. Once again, I get some time to myself. Would have been perfect if the Significant Other was around, but it's not to be. After dropping mum off at her friend's place, I picked up KT for dinner. Had Teo Chew porride at Peng Hwa, Old Klang Road. Ordered the usual fare, stewed peanuts, french beans, century egg and salted, boiled fish. KT was picking at her food and I practically finished everything with two bowls of porridge. She had a hankering for cake, so went off to Secret Recipe, Taman Desa. However, it was closing time alredy, so we ended up at Boon Boon Cafe. Ordered a couple of ice-blended drinks, fired up the lappie to use the WiFi and browsed through Friendster for a while. That's when I received a chat message detailing that my Di is officially dating someone. Not that I didn't know, it was just some kind of open secret. Now that they have announced, I'm ecstatic. I went up to KT's to merestui them. :P.

Come Saturday, another working day. I celebrated the Agong's Birthday in the office. Had cake even. Banana cake. Heh. Work sucked as usual. Yadda. Yadda. Yadda. Crappy network making work all the much slower. Hopefully the problem will be rectified soon. Left work mid-afternoon to do some window shopping at Bukit Bintang. Was much motivated to do so after my colleague told me my horroscope for the day. Monkeys should relax, and go shopping! So I did. But came back with nothing to show for, just a sore shoulder for lugging my laptop around. :(. My horroscope for Sunday was to go and have a romantic day with my lover. Tough chance. Another :(.

Ended up at Hang Tuah LRT near evening and I messaged Mel for a possible meet-up. She picked me up at Pandan Jaya LRT (the first time for both of us there, she has such great navigational skills) and it was raining heavily. We joined the fantastic jam on the MRR2 and ended up in Sri Petaling for a dim sum dinner. We walked to 3 shops before deciding on the fourth shop, Dim Sum World. It's now a mere shadow of it's heyday six years ago. The staff are all migrant workers and they have no supervisor around, so the service is quite bad. The food was hot for a change and the taste quite OK compared to the last time I was there. Or perhaps I was too famished from my early lunch of roasted pork over rice at Lai Fong.

After dinner, we went off to Kinrara Curry House for our usual mamak-ing session. Some catching up. Some bitching about relationships. I headed home after that, really pooped from the long day. I sat in front of the laptop, munching Tong Kee Brothers egg tarts, trying to force myself to watch another episode of Heroes...

Comments

Janvier said…
That is a overly-cute cupcake ^.^

btw something's bugging us - your horrorscope :D monkey ar for sure? Last post you sez you're 22 (we believes ppl are honest while we ourselves be a compulsive liar)?
Vengelyne said…
What a packed weekend you had, compared to mine. I think I should stop being so anti-social.

Btw, I've lost my zest to blog. Lol.
Legolas said…
Lots of eatings here and there. I like to eat but don't like to travel to different places. It's a catch 22 situation.
MrBunnyBan said…
...why so much talking about fooooooood??? Methinks Will is going to be fat fat liao. :P
Anonymous said…
Amboi... sibuknya kamu...

kalo nak jumpa perlu buat appointment kah? ;)
William said…
@Janvier:
I'm 26, but I'd like to believe I'm 22. :P

@Venge:
Damn, time to update my blog link again.

@Leggy:
Let the food come to you then.

@Ban:
My face has grown fat!

@JL:
Kena beli PDA dah ni...

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho