Flurry, Fatty, Fried, and Fuwa Friday

Tonkatsu Restaurant

On a rainy Friday evening, I had a dinner date with KH at Isetan the Japan Store. Even before I reached Avenue K, I was half-drenched from the rain. Tried to shop for a T-shirt to change into, but I failed miserably. My first stop was at Uniqlo, but I left after seeing the super long queue at the checkout counters. Then I tried Isetan, but there was nothing cheap. In the end, I just walked into one of the changing rooms, stripped off my wet shirt, and zipped up my fleece jacket from Uniqlo. Nice and toasty! (and it makes it super easy for KH to access my nips). With that settled, I walked to Lot 10 via the underpass and sky bridge.

Gin-Jo-Pork Fatty Loin Katsu

Based on a recommendation from HornyBF and Simonlover, we ate at Tonkatsu Anzu, on the 6th floor of Isetan the Japan Store. Be warned that they have no English signboard unlike the other restaurants. The waiter put us at the counter where we were served by a young trainee. We took some time to decide on what we wanted and the kid was not much help at all.  In the end, KH ordered the Gin-Jo-Pork Fatty Loin Katsu, which was the most premium on the menu. 55% fattiness that melts in your mouth. I had the Pork Loin Katsu and Cabbage Rolls.

Tonkatsu Sauce

Grind the Sesame Seeds

All diners are entitled to a complimentary appetizer of preserved radish, and cabbage salad. The salad comes with a choice of two salad dressings. I kinda like the creamy salad dressing that looked like plaster of Paris. Unfortunately, the cabbage was not quite up to par. Still had that raw cabbage-y taste. Can't beat Saboten's cabbage salad. Even the tonkatsu sauce had two versions, one original, one spicy. Don't like white rice? Don't worry, they have brown rice. The premium pork loin was really, really fatty and juicy. But I think a lower level of fattiness wouldn't hurt.

Katsu

Cabbage Rolls

Right after dinner, we did some shopping in Isetan. Had some Tsujiri matcha soft serve ice cream and bought a loaf of Fuwa-Fuwa bread from Sol Levant. The Fuwa-Fuwa is a type of specialty bread that is super soft and fluffy. The whole bread is white, like a loaf of Albino bread. Taste-wise, it's salty and kinda weird. Won't be spending MYR16 on that ever again. LOL.

Fuwa-Fuwa Bread

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I stared at this Fuwa-Fuwa bread for so long! It is unique, weird and I want to try it!
Anonymous said…
Oh gosh. You never fail to make me go hungry! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho