Technic

Lego Technic Drag Racer

Lego was very much a part of my childhood. Back then, I saved my pocket money, angpao money, and Cantonese Association award money to buy Lego. Back then, the cheapest set cost MYR5+. I think the most expensive model I bought was around MYR80+. Just the normal Lego, for age 5-12. Back then, the only other ranges were Duplo and Technic. So many varieties have popped up after the Lego resurgence. Today we have:
  1. Star Wars
  2. Creator
  3. Minifigures
  4. City
  5. Friends
  6. Nexo Knights
  7. Ninjago
  8. DC Comics Superheroes
  9. The Batman Movie
  10. Marvel Superheroes
  11. Elves
  12. Disney
  13. Juniors
  14. Architecture
  15. Mindstorms
  16. Scooby Doo
  17. Minecraft
  18. Speed
  19. Angry Birds
  20. Ideas
  21. Superhero Girls
Pening kan? However, all those varieties don't interest me. Technic seems way cooler to me with all those gears, shafts, and moving parts. A sort of kiddy mechanical engineering. More worth it to pay for design and complex parts, rather than paying for copyright costs. Back then, they had pneumatic models, these days, electric motors. Goes without saying that I didn't buy any Technic models back then due to the cost factor. Twenty four years later, I got to assemble my first Technic model-- a Christmas gift from KH. Muacks. He bought me a Lego Technic Drag Racer (42050) which is kind of cool because it has a huge motor block with moving pistons, front wheel steering, big wheely bar, car body that can be raised, and a hidden jack that can be used to pose the drag racer in wheely position.



Comments

Twilight Man said…
You lucky devil. When I was the kiddo, the lego sets had not arrived our shores. I could only play them at one tycoon's house as he bought them from Hong Kong for his kids.
Jaded Jeremy said…
I never have such canggih Lego before.
William said…
@Twi:
I also played at the houses of rich friends.

@JJ:
Boleh cuba-cuba pabila keadaan mengizinkan.
Derek said…
Hehe glad baby like it! Hard to buy gifts for you le.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho