Monday, December 16, 2013

Market & Wedding

Spicy by williamnyk
Spicy, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

For a very long time, I had not set foot in OUG morning market on a Saturday. Went that day because mum wanted to get some supplies for the church cook-out the next day. Traffic wasn't too bad that day and we only needed to stop at Jalan Hujan Emas 5 and Jalan Hujan Emas 8. The pace was quite leisurely and we ate breakfast at our favourite lorong stall-- clear soup noodles with steamed chicken. Wholesome and nutritious. Mum had babysitting duty again that day, so went to my sister's place after church. Big Monster had a school field trip so it was just the little one. Little Monster was all dressed up and was hoping for more gai-gai time. Brought him along for Lifebook's shopping trip for electrical items. Can you believe that they were already playing CNY songs in early November?! The little one went crazy at the shop, opening and closing all the refrigerator doors that he could get his hands on. He would then tell me that there isn't any food inside. Cute little fella. Didn't take too long as it was only ceiling fans and an air conditioner or two. VC recently told me that Restoran Goon Wah operates on Saturdays as well, so we went there for lunch. On the way there, Little Monster's battery ran out and he fell asleep in the car. Practically passed out as he got up at 7:00 am. The whole time during lunch he slept on my arm. Just had one arm free to eat! Was worried that I might spill XO fish head noodles on him, so covered him up with a handkerchief. But still along the course of lunch, I managed to stain my shirt with Guinness Stout BBQ wings. Since Little Monster slept through lunch, we ta pau-ed WTM for him from Kong Kee Wantan Noodles. Stopped by Ocean Tea House too and while drinking my roasted milk tea, managed to spill some on my T-shirt. Poor T.

In the afternoon, I retreated back home. Slept a little, went online and freshened myself up for the wedding banquet in the evening. Took me some time to get to Ming Room at BSC. The stupid traffic light in front of the mall only allowed two cars to turn in per green light and it was equipped with a traffic enforcement camera. Mang zang-nya! And the traffic moving into the parking area was slow. Ugh. FYI, the groom's my colleague and it was interesting how they did up the cocktail area. Arts and craft and plenty of props for cam-whoring. Unfortunately, I did not the have the opportunity nor mood to do so. My colleagues reserved me a seat next to my ex-boss because they were all lazy to entertain him. Quite cramped and the newly-weds had to squeeze through a weird route between the tables to get in. The restaurant belonged to the Imperial Group, but food was so-so. Some uncommon items were the sharks fin soup in whole coconut and spicy garlic chicken. During the toasting, I was quite surprised that the groom could drag the yum seng for a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time. Good lung capacity. Bodes well for the bride. :P. The pace of the dinner was quite slow and I only left at 11:00 pm. By that I got ready for bed, it was already past midnight. And I had to wake up at 5:15 am the next morning!


Anonymous said...

yay...kali ke-3 :).... anyway good that GW operates on Sats now rather than just weekday lunches.

Missed those GS chic wings!


William said...

Better for business

Anonymous said...

GW is juz below my house....