Waxing Curry

hate the sin, not the curry by williamnyk
hate the sin, not the curry, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Sunday was quite uneventful. The usual spiritual food in the morning and later more mundane food nearby. Been ages since we ate the Aman Suria wantan noodles, so mum gave a suggestion that we go. Was quite surprised to see that Restoran 747 was quite empty. Upon closer inspection, we found that the wantan noodles stall was gone... along with the customers! Randomly, we walked to the shop opposite in search of food. Lo and behold, the stall had moved to Restoran Shang Yi Fatt. Checking-in on FourSquare, I found that they had moved over months ago. A better environment really, at least it wasn't so stuffy. Mum and I finished a bowl of curry wantan noodles and a plate of dry wantan noodles. Yummy sekali. Went straight home after that satisfying meal. Rested a while before I peeled myself off the sofa to wax my car. The bonnet was stained with week-old 'tree droppings' that refused to budge. Brought out a trusty bottle of Amway car wax and started work. Stubborn stains. Nearly waxed my hands off. Could only manage the bonnet. Why isn't real life like an Andrew Christian car wash video where I can sit back and watch sexy dudes in signature nearly naked AC undies clean my car?

waxed my hands off

At around 5:00pm, mum and I went to check out the Ramadhan bazaar at BK5. A huge affair compared to previous years judging by the chaotic traffic condition. However, the food was kinda ho-hum. Same old, same old. Too many repetitions. Everyone seemed to be selling kuih pelita. So boring. Did find some interesting stuff like cendol in a jug, J-Co donut rip-offs, stuffed roti jala and bak kut teh. The usual favourites were also there-- roti john, multi-colored kuih, industrial coolants-like beverages, murtabak, BBQ fish, etc. Didn't buy much of anything actually. Immediately after that, we went to Taman Bukit Jalil for a jog. So much quieter there in the fasting month. After which we had a buka puasa dinner with SK at her apartment. Our combined efforts yielded nasi dagang, satar, satay and onde-onde on the table. Watched some Astro before going home and by the time I reached my room, most of the food had vacated my bowels. Minus ten points for food hygiene!

roti john, kuih pelita, bingka

industrial coolants

Comments

- a L E x - said…
The coloring in those drinks are really scary x.x
soul232 said…
It ain't as fun as it used to be long time ago...I miss bazaar from the old age..hehe XD
Pike-chan said…
Yeah... the wanton noodle shop moved over for about 4-5 months ago already...
Anonymous said…
what the heck is that mega purple colouring??!!

- Vince C
William said…
@-Alex-:
I'm sure they are banned in at least 5 countries

@Soul232:
Everything seemed better when we were young.

@Piko:
It's been that long since I ate...

@Koala:
:)

@VC:
Must be anggur something.
JokerPJ said…
Ah~

Think of the sugar level... tsk tsk tsk...
Ean D said…
Recommendation: Willy, got a very big bazaar at Putrajaya, near the Monument Alaf Baru. Wish can visit that place around this last two weeks before Raya.

And I just spot one in Seksyen 5 Bandar Baru Bangi. Near Kajang 2. Noobest me, I just take RapidKL bus today to Kajang and just realize got more bazaar few miles only from the bazaar that I usually went to. Quite big.

Drop me a call if you come here ahahahahahaahahaha
William said…
@JokerPJ:
I'm more worried about whether it's tap water. :P

@Ean D:
Very jarang go your area de, but the pasar ramadhan there should be better. More Malays.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho